Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Hampton Bay exterior lighting
    I have a Hampton Bay exterior porch light fixture with a sticker that reads:

Use only A19 bulb 100 watts maximum.

My question is:

Can I use a compact fluorescent bulb 14watts?

Thank you
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jan 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danl
    I have a Hampton Bay exterior porch light fixture with a sticker that reads:

Use only A19 bulb 100 watts maximum.

My question is:

Can I use a compact flourescent bulb 14watts?

Thank you
    Yeah you could use those compact fluorescent to replace the A19... 14watt compact fluorescent max. amount of heat is about 18 watt... where as A19 100 is 100 watt
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2006, 02:14 PM
    As far as I know, you can use a compact fluorescent any place you use an regular incandescent one. I have noticed the conventional fluorescent shop light I have in my attic is slow to come when it is really cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay under counter lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I've purchased Hampton Bay under cabinet lighting set, 3 hockey puck type lights. The kit comes plugs and switch to work in conjunction with a hot outlet. I would like to have these lights work on a tradition in wall switch. I have already increased my light switch box from 1 to 2 and the...

Hampton Bay Track Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing Hampton Bay track lighting in my kitchen. I am wanting to use the H design with two parallel tracks. Using two 4' bars on each side connected with a 2' bar in the middle. We have one side hooked up but when we tried to put the T connector in the other side it would not fit. Do...

Hampton bay track lighting [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a hampton by track and bought Halo by Laser lights. Nothing is working. Are they not combatible? They are both "3-wire" systems, (I believe called "H" systems) with 2 wires on one side and one on the other.

Hampton Bay Exterior Motion Detect Lights... [ 1 Answers ]

This will be a dumb question, but our contractor put up two of the Hampton Bay Motion Detecting lights on our detached garage. The problem is that they pitched the boxes, and the directions before we even had a chance to figure them out. Now, only the test works, which stays on for 10 seconds. ...

Hampton Bay Track Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have Hampton Bay track lighting in a bathroom and now two of the heads will not work, I have replaced with new heads and still will not work, can move the last two heads that do work to any place on the track and they work. Have replaced bulbs with one that have confirmed working.

View more questions Search