Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patpete Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Wet grout in kitchen
    I have just re grouted an area in my kitchen. It looks good BUT the area near the taps keeps getting wet and looks much darker. Should I be doing something extra to keep the grout white in this area? Rest of the grouting looks fine, presumably because it is dry.
    gravesite Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patpete
    I have just re grouted an area in my kitchen. It looks good BUT the area near the taps keeps getting wet and looks much darker. Should I be doing something extra to keep the grout white in this area? Rest of the grouting looks fine, presumably because it is dry.
    You should get it dry and use a grout sealer this will keep it looking white and won't discolor you may have to apply a couple of coats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of old grout [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to remove old grout from tile?

Cleaning Grout [ 7 Answers ]

I installed ceramic tile in a shower stall a few year ago, however I never sealed the grout. The grout in a few areas have an orange/brown staining. I tried many commercial cleaning products with no success. Any help would be appreciated. mol

Tiling with No Grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have chosen pitted travertine/marble tiles, 4x4, for a kitchen backsplash. The tiles are cut such that they fit together perfectly, and because the surface is slightly "pillowed", the effect of no grout with the tiles placed side to side is absolutely stunning. My installer had me lay out a 3x6...

Grout vs cement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of my front entryway/vestibule, and in the lay-out I have designed, have a 2" tile border with a 1/2 inch space on either side running around the perimeter of the 4' square space (larger 6" tiles are fill the centre of the space with 1/4" spacers). I wanted to know...

Caulk vs. Grout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a newbie here and need to know something -- Are CAULK and GROUT the same thing?? If not, what is the difference? Thanks!

View more questions Search