Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanJ Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Removal of old grout
    What's the best way to remove old grout from tile?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
    If its ceramic tile you can buy a tool made for grout removal. Some are carbide saws while others are a tunsten pick that is dragged down the grout line. Check the aisle where grout is sold, tools are usually there. You can also buy a bit that fits into a Dremel drill. The bit must be labeled for grout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grout not drying [ 13 Answers ]

Some grout was coming loose in my shower stall, especially around the drain. One tile, when I pressed down, I could see bubbles when there was a bit of water pooling around the tile. I assumed a loose tile or cement was dissolving underneath I removed the grout and tried to pry the tile off,...

Cleaning Grout [ 7 Answers ]

I installed ceramic tile in a shower stall a few year ago, however I never sealed the grout. The grout in a few areas have an orange/brown staining. I tried many commercial cleaning products with no success. Any help would be appreciated. mol

Urethane grout [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a really flexible grout for my kitchen floor. I have heard about urethane grout, but I cannot locate a dealer in The Netherlands or France. Any help where I can obtain this material? Or would there be another suitable material? Greetings, Fons

Tiling with No Grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have chosen pitted travertine/marble tiles, 4x4, for a kitchen backsplash. The tiles are cut such that they fit together perfectly, and because the surface is slightly "pillowed", the effect of no grout with the tiles placed side to side is absolutely stunning. My installer had me lay out a 3x6...

View more questions Search