Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RonSorino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Warning light !
    I am looking at a small red light blinking through the front pansl of my furnace... does that mean a filter change ?
    montyg Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSorino
    I am looking at a small red light blinking thru the front pansl of my furnace...does that mean a filter change ?
    No, this is probably a "code light" which gives you or the technician information as to how the unit is functioning. It should be flashing steadily slow or fast.
    Frdbrkl Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Jan 12, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Filters should be changed monthly-not every 3 months like some filter mfrs say.

The little red LED is most likely indicating proper operation, unless you have a problem, in which case it will most likely shut down the system and give you a series of flashes in rhythm to display the error code. Error codes on Carrier furnaces are right inside the outer door torwards the bottom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeze warning light [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a device that is used to warn when the temperature in the house is nearing freezing. This alarm consists of a red light bulb screwed into a small metal box, apparently containing a thermostat that serves as a switch. The box is plugged into an electrical outlet and placed in a...

Bad Coolant Sensor warning light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It has a new V.I.C in it that constantly says the coolant sensor is bad. I have replaced the coolant sensor. Now what do I do? Please help -- Ace

99 Accord Warning light malfunctions [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 99' Honda Accord V6 and every time I press down on the gas petal all of the warning lights from ABS to battery to emergency break to open doors go on simultaneously, and these lights all stay on until I press down on the break where they then all go off. This process then continues with...

Yellow engine warning light [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 1995 Honda Accord Aerodeck Ls Auto After Starting From Cold The Yellow Engine Warning Light Comes On As Per The Book I Cruise To A Stop Turn Off The Engine Restart And The Yellow Engine Light Will Not Come On And I Can Cruise All Day The Following Day The Same Thing Will Happen Etc....

Check Engine Light warning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got a accord 92 Ex Auto and now facing unknown problem like Engine lights Comes On during driving and the engine shut down then wait for couple of minutes then take start and drive then again shut down. Some time it take 30-40 minutes to start and can only drive 1/2 km then shut down...

View more questions Search