Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Drain Pipe Second Floor Bathroom
    In the process of plumbing the second floor bathroom in a log home.
    Question, due to the design of the first and second floor bathroom the main drain line has to be teed between the tiolet and shower about center between them.

What do you prevent the tiolet water from entering the shower?

3" drain tiolet 2" drain to shower.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Rather than a Tee you should be using a wye. Maybe Speedball1 will see this in the morning, he has pics and does better rough ins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor drain clogged 2 inch pipe tried everything [ 4 Answers ]

My basement floor drain (from the hole in the floor to the main drain, about 15 ft.) is slow & sometimes clogged. When the clothes washer drains, water comes up on the floor, & slowly seeps down. I had a problem a few years ago with tree roots & big flood damage, had the old tile drain replaced...

Must remove concrete floor section to replace rotted rod iron drain pipe in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove concrete flooring section in a bathroom? We found a broken rotten rod iron drain pipe when tearing out walls for remodeling and unfortunately (blessing) found out the pipe was rotted. Plumber says to replace with PVC but we have to dig up/cut up the floor ourselves....

Broken rod iron drain pipe in bathroom concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove a section of concrete (w/steel rods) from a bathroom floor to remove an old rotten rod iron drain pipe?

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search