Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doyou4x4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Furnace/fan won't turn off
    I have a chronotherm 3 thermostat, Lennox ECB19 12.59 furnace and a Lennox HP19-651-6d heat pump. The heat pump stopped working and then the furnace won't turn off, fan runs on high, I pushed the reset button on the heat pump where the blue wire is attached and now the heat pump work fine. But the furnace still won't stop running I have to turn it off at the braker in the house. I got a new thermostat and that didn't fix the problem. I replaced the three heat relays and I believe to be the blower/fan relay part#90-340 by white-rodgers. And still the fan won't turn off I also removed the green wire at the therm and it won't turn off any help would be apperacated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Find and replace the fan relay or timer or sequencer that controls the fan. The fan is being held on by one of these controls

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem furnace blower motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace blower motor will not turn on. The troubleshooting guide says to replace blower motor but the diagnostics says the Limit Switch is Open any ideas

My furnace won't light and the lights on my control module won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok a couple of question if you can help I have a comfortmaker furnace I believe 1999 it came on a couple of times after I bought a new transformer, board, capacitator, and ignition control module now it won't come back on What to Do! Also I wanted to know if you can tell me the difference between...

LENNOX Furnace fan won't SHUT off? Won't come on on AUTO? [ 33 Answers ]

Lennox G12Qe series 1986... furnace lights and if I wire blower up to constant power will work.. but blows luke warm air out... Any ideas... blower will not come on unless I hook up constant to it..

A/C won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My A/C unit won't kick on. I have a mercury dial thermostate. I just changed the filter. I put my dial to 70 and nothing. I had 2# of Freon added to it in 2005. Shouldn't it still be OK?

Furnace won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

My blower won't shut off my furnace even if I turn the heat off. To shut it off I have to turn the circuit breakers off. I put in a new thermostat. And of course that wasn't the problem. Is there something I can do without calling a repairman. I barely make ends meet now, so I need to fix this...

View more questions Search