Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrenda Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Furnace won't turn off
    My blower won't shut off my furnace even if I turn the heat off. To shut it off I have to turn the circuit breakers off. I put in a new thermostat. And of course that wasn't the problem. Is there something I can do without calling a repairman. I barely make ends meet now, so I need to fix this on my own.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Since you say you put in a new thermostat, please first see if there is any button or switch on it that may be making it run all the time.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Just one more thing. There may be a switch on the thermostat that says "Fan." This may cause your blower motor to run, even though there may be no heat.

Apr 14, 2007, 10:06 PM
    I have it set on Auto. I took the cover off again and tightened the screws but that didn't seem to work either.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 10:14 PM
    A blower not shutting off is addressed on the following sites. I hope that they are helpful to you.

How furnace fan and blower motor controls work and repair wiring

Home Problem Solver: Furnace Blower Continuously Runs

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/f-150.html

Gas and Oil Heating Furnaces [Archive] - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Apr 14, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Hey, I appreciate your help. I am going to check it out now. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flywheel won't turn [ 27 Answers ]

Ok, Yardman is several years old (I believe about about ten years or so) but I have had it a few months. Worked fine for awhile. Last few times I would cut it would cut for a good while then it would just cut off. Battery is weak so I would always have to jump it off beforehand. No problem with...

Outside unit won't turn on [ 1 Answers ]

My outside unit Ruud 10 seer won't come on. I looked closely and noticed that some of the thermostat wireing had been cut most likely by digging dogs. Anyway I have a yellow blue white red and green wires leading from the house but only yellow purple blue and brown at the unit which wires connect...

27 inch zenith TV that won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 27 inch Zenith TV that will not turn on.I can hitbthe power button and it clicks like it wants to come on but it won't.Can someone tell me what's wrong?Thanks Dei2007

My civic won't turn over [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I think my timing is off but I don't no how to time my 89 civic so I want to know if any one could tell me how to do that or give me some where I can look to find out how to do it

View more questions Search