Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tylertxnurse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Humping Cocker Spaniel
    :rolleyes: Recently my fiancé and I have joined our household pets - my two purse puppies and a dominant cat with his 12 year old, non-neutered male cocker spaniel. His spaniel continually humps the cat (which is fine, he is the Lion King and can take care of himself) but he also is humping the little 5 lb pups and causing them fear. I am afraid he will hurt them.
    Up to now, the spaniel has had the run of his previous household and now that he lives with other animals is curious and (we think) is trying to play but doesn't know how. He also is in the BAD :eek: :eek: habit of lifting his leg on whatever and wherever he wants.

The humping is our biggest problem we would appreciate your help with. A bonus answer on how to solve the peeing problem would also be welcomed.

Thanks, tylertxnurse
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 08:59 AM
    I can't think of any reason not to neuter a misbehaved 12 year old dog. Likely more than anything else he is letting the rest know he is top dog. At his age, he is much more likely to be having cancer than to be a good choice to sire a litter. While neutering isn't a cure all, and will take a while to see the difference, it is a good first step. Normally I would strongly urge following up with obedience training and other ways of teaching him you and your fiancé are top dogs. He may be to set in his ways to change now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cocker Spaniel strange behavior. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old cocker spaniel. He was well trained when he first got home, when he was about 2 months old. He learned to "go" in a newspaper that we have for him in a corner of the apartment. Lately he´s been having problems with this. He still goes on the newspaper, but whenever he...

Cocker spaniel vomiting [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 1/2 y/o cocker spaniel has been vomiting all day today starting at about 6am. She has vomited about 6 or 7 times so far (it's now 8:30 pm). Most of her vomit is mucousy with small bits of food or it is bright bile yellow. Once she vomited what looked like scrambled eggs (I figured out that...

Cocker spaniel suddenly off food [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 month old ECS has suddenly started showing signs of inappetance. He gets one homemade meal and one Pedigree puppy food (which he likes less and less) a day and he's always wolfed down the homemade food which has rice, veg, ground beef and chicken. Now for the past 3 days I see a dictinct...

Cocker spaniel [ 2 Answers ]

My cocker spaniel is whinning, shakeing and when you touch his belly he will curve up and I notice his eyes have a thick soultion running down his face please tell me what is wrong with him

Very Restless Cocker Spaniel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Cocker Spaniel, he has been very restless for 2 days now. I am not sure what could be wrong, He won't stay still long, I haven't seen him sleep either, except when he is laying across me. I think he maybe constipated. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

View more questions Search