Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnokomis Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Cocker spaniel vomiting
    My 3 1/2 y/o cocker spaniel has been vomiting all day today starting at about 6am. She has vomited about 6 or 7 times so far (it's now 8:30 pm). Most of her vomit is mucousy with small bits of food or it is bright bile yellow. Once she vomited what looked like scrambled eggs (I figured out that it was the Crunchin' Bones she had eaten today). She acts a little down for a few minutes after vomiting (like it disgusts her more than she is sick) but then either wants to eat or play with her sister (litter mate) who is acting normal. Monday I gave them their heartworm treatment, Heartguard and yesterday they tried some new food I found at the store. They both ate from the same package and not very much. I have not noticed any diarrhea and can not say whether she has stooled today. I have given her Milk of Magnesia tablets (3 total) which is something that my family has done for as long as I can remember for dog vomiting. I am concerned about her, any advise or help is appreciated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 09:53 PM
    She may have foraged something indigestible. She may manage to expel it and be OK by morning. If she is still throwing up in the morning, better call the vet. Discontinue the milk of magnesia. It has a laxative effect in addition to being an antacid. If she has swallowed something that is blocking her digestive tract, a laxative can only make things worse.
    jnokomis Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Labman

Thanks, so far today she is OK. No vomiting and drank a lot of water, this is normal for her as she makes fairly infrequent trips to the water dish and drinks deep when she does. Love the pic with your reply. If I can figure out how to post the pic I will show you my girls

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cocker Spaniel Overweight and hungry [ 7 Answers ]

Ok my 3yr old Cocker Spaniel is slightly overweight and has a problem with her knee, it pops when she walks, I'm actually feeding her a joint supplement trying to fix it without surgery. When I took her to the vet to get it looked at the vet told me that she was too heavy and no vet would dare...

Cocker spaniel suddenly off food [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 month old ECS has suddenly started showing signs of inappetance. He gets one homemade meal and one Pedigree puppy food (which he likes less and less) a day and he's always wolfed down the homemade food which has rice, veg, ground beef and chicken. Now for the past 3 days I see a dictinct...

Cocker spaniel [ 2 Answers ]

My cocker spaniel is whinning, shakeing and when you touch his belly he will curve up and I notice his eyes have a thick soultion running down his face please tell me what is wrong with him

Very Restless Cocker Spaniel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Cocker Spaniel, he has been very restless for 2 days now. I am not sure what could be wrong, He won't stay still long, I haven't seen him sleep either, except when he is laying across me. I think he maybe constipated. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

View more questions Search