Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waldo1967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 04:38 PM
    What Kind Of Relationship Do Me And My Friend Have?
    This is going to sound weird to some. In fact I know I'll get judged for it, but oh well...
    I haven't been in a romantic relationship for about 2 years and I really have NO interest in dating anytime soon.
    OK, here's the odd part.
    I have a platonic female friend. I told her even though we can't date, (her choice) I like to spoil her since there's no one else is in my life.
    BTW, she has this on again off b/f that she can't let go.
    I know we're pretty dysfunctional, but who isn't to a point.
    She sometimes feels bad when I do things like buy her an outfit or a meal out, but I insist.
    And I know she's a real friend because she does give me emotional support, etc. like friends do. Just not sex... LOL
    I actually feel good doing things for her. I have the means to do so, and yes I have a crush on her too.
    But I know it we'll never be more than friends and that's OK.
    crispy_chick Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Hey,
    In my opinion so long as she is okay with the way you spoil her then its fine but at any means when she says she wants it to stop you also have to respect her for that, I think its very sweet that even though you know there will never be nothing more then a friendship that you still want to spoil her, but then again this is coming from someone who doesn't see that kind of thing in her life... I think its great that she is there for emotional support and stuff, and I think Sometimes a friendship is better then a relationship, and so long as you don't cross the line with her you will keep a great friendship. And when I say cross the line I mean that line is where if she don't want something you respect that...
    As for her on and off boyfriend you have to also respect her decision with her wanting to be with that guy too..
    I think she's lucky to have a guy who cares so much about her.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 1, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Good evening confused one...
    Let me dumb this one down for you. The kind of relationship you have is what we call, Sugar Daddy.

I don't mean that in a mean sense but are you really confused about the relationship, as far as what kind it is? You are a single guy, you have a crush on her. You don't want to lose her as a friend so you leave it as friends and choose to not share your true feelings. Thus you buy her gifts, spoil her, basically court her with the hopes that just maybe she will see what a great guy you are. How close am I?

In reality my friend, though some might disagree, this sometimes works. It's okay that you are confused but I think you posted the wrong idea about what you are confused about. You already know the kind of relationship you have. However, your heart is confused where the relationship is going, might go, could go, maybe never go. What do think? Is that more accurate?

I can tell you that sometimes people fall in love with their friends. It does not happen over night. It's a gradual process in which one day it just happens. Not wanting to risk what you do have makes sense. Be careful that you don't try buying her love. By the sounds of it, you're already a great guy. She will either see that in time and wonder why it took her so long. Or, she will not be interested in you like that, and human nature could cause her to start taking advantage of what she knows you will do for her. Girls can sense when a guy likes her and is doing things for them, knowing all to well they don't share those same feelings.

The best relationships I think, the truest form of the love you want for the rest of your life. Is the one in which you start as nothing but friends. Then one day it hits you. Right in front of you. A wonderful man I once knew said it best, "I have found my winning lottery ticket for life."

That's worth waiting for don't you think? Isn't that what we all really want anyway, our winning lottery ticket for life?

All you need is a little luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a room to a friend, what kind of lease should I use? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend that needs a place to stay for 6 months until they move into a house. I am willing to rent him a room in my house for him & his wife in the meantime. I want us to remain friends, so I told him that we would write down everything ahead of time prior to his moving in so that we all...

Friend needs help with relationship prob. [ 7 Answers ]

OK here's the deal, My guy friend just called me to ask me for help, but Im not sure what I should say (I told him id call him back later). He had an "affair" with this girl and they went ALL THE WAY. Also she found out that he had a girlfriend (who has NO IDEA what's been going on) and says...

What kind of relationship is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my situation. I had been in love with my best friend for quite a while. We told each other everything and always hung out together, so much that most people that knew us assumed we were dating. She used to just like me as a friend so I never pursued a romantic relationship. I would give...

His Ex/Friend - Her Involvement in Our Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a man who is very good friends with his soon-to-be Ex. I am 100% confident that they are no longer interested in making their marriage work, yet they have kept a tight bond between them. She wishes us well, and I feel she sincerely likes me. I understand this...

I think I ruined my relationship with my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Before I begin, I would like to note that this is my first question that I put on this website, so I didn't know how long to make it. Its actually frighteningly long, but bear with me, I wanted to include every detail to get the best response possible. Thank you. ----------------------- OK,...

View more questions Search