Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texas_cowgirl3031 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2005, 07:51 PM
    Friend needs help with relationship prob.
    OK here's the deal,

My guy friend just called me to ask me for help, but Im not sure what I should say (I told him id call him back later). He had an "affair" with this girl and they went ALL THE WAY. Also she found out that he had a girlfriend (who has NO IDEA what's been going on) and says that she doesn't care. He has no idea what to do. Should he keep it quiet? Tell his girlfriend? End it with his "mistress" or still do it? Act like it never happened? Or what? I don't want to be a bad friend and tell him the wrong answer.

Thanks for any and all advice.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2005, 10:39 PM
    The players club
    Sound like you friend is enjoy his cake and eating too.. Only one problem is that someone is sure to get hurt. You friend should tell his girlfriend, if it is new "fling" that he so desires, then why only continue to hurt his girlfriend. Put yourself in his girlfriends shoes, then what advise would you give this guy? And then why should the advice be any different because its not you. I believe honesty is the best answer. Good luck on whatever you decide to tell him.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2005, 10:44 AM
    First of all - the guy is a jerk - he needs to tell her. His girlfriend needs to end the relationship. Obviously he doesn't care at all for his girl friend anyway if he did that to her. It's called trust and has none.
    texas_cowgirl3031 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2005, 08:03 PM
    Thanks for all yalls help. I told him that he needs to tell her, and that she deserves to hear it from him. But he doesn't know how to tell her. Any advice?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2005, 08:37 PM
    He needs to take tell her at her home. And then he has to leave. She is going to need a good friend around because will be devastated. She will lgrieve for a long time.
    louise72 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Sep 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
    He needs to figure out who he wants to be with and talk to his girlfriend then tell her the truth about that he did it, his total intention and he needs to know what he wants from his girlfriend and then needs to end it with the mistress or be with the mistress. Good Luck
    angelic_voice Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Sep 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_cowgirl3031
    ok heres the deal,

my guy friend just called me to ask me for help, but Im not sure what i shoudl say (i told him id call him back later). He had an "affair" with this girl and they went ALL THE WAY. Also she found out that he had a girlfriend (who has NO IDEA whats been goin on) and says that she doesnt care. He has no idea what to do. Should he keep it quiet? Tell his girlfriend? End it with his "mistress" or still do it? Act like it never happened?? or what?? I dont want to be a bad friend and tell him the wrong answer.

Thanx for any and all advice.
    If he really loves the girl he's with, then he shouldn't have any more affairs,and it's probably going to put a guilt trip on him whenever he does something with his girlfriend. So he should probably tell her about it, but in a mature manner, just let her know he messed up, and wasn't thinking about hurting her.and it really hurts him going on like nothing happened and he thinks she had a right to know. But he has to understand that this more than likely will hurt her.I don't know how she'll handle it because people handle different situations in different ways.but remember everything happens for a reason, and God won't let you go through anything you can't handle, and that won't make you a better person
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Folks, this thread is 2 1/2 years old!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Track lighting prob. [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new hampton bay track and also hooked up three new hampton bay hanging track lights. After the install, turned the dimmer on and all of the way up and only the light on the end of the track lights up. The other two filaments are glowing slightly. If I take off one of the...

I have a big prob please help [ 3 Answers ]

OK here's the thing I am really shy around my boyfriend. Because my last boyfriend I got to close to to fast and when he broke up with me about 5 months ago I was really upset and I'm still not 100%over it. But I've got a new boyfriend and I lve him to death but now I'm like really shy around him...

I want to know about pci slot prob [ 3 Answers ]

I have a computer every thing was working fine in it.. (p I've 1.7 mhz) After some day when I added a new sound card its not detceting it But I checked the sound card in another system with same mother board and configaration it works fine But in my PC it doesn't detes in any of the pci slots,...

View more questions Search