Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dds6rds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 07:57 PM
    I Have A Window On My Desktop Which I Cannot Remove Any Suggestions There Is No X On The Upper Right I Tried Cont Alt Del To No Avail I Also Shut Down My Computer Thank You In Advance
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 29, 2005, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dds6rds
    I Have A Window On My Desktop Which I Cannot Remove Any Suggestions There Is No X On The Upper Right I Tried Cont Alt Del To No Avail I Also Shut Down My Computer Thank You In Advance
    Need little more information than that... Do you maybe have a 'java cup' down in your bottom toolbar? Some java applets/consoles don't have those 'x's anywhere and will only go away when you close your internet apps that are run with java scripts. Hope this helped.

Happy New Year!

RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Yes, give a bit more info.

I can think of one thing, though: It may be a desktop item.

In Windows, right click on the desktop and choose Properties.

Click on the Desktop Tab.

If anything other than None is selected, change it to none.

Does that get rid of the "window" you are speaking of?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2005, 06:22 AM
    Window
    Hi,
    You could also try pressing CTRL key and the W key all at the same time.
    Is this a window that covers only part of your desktop? Or, does it cover your whole screen?
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Desktop [ 8 Answers ]

While trying to place a shortcut icon for eBay on my desktop, I selected the option to paste to desktop. Now I have a portion of the eBay home page on the desktop and I don't know how to remove it. Need advice please. Thanks.

Desktop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks Could any one tell me how to stop My documents automatically opening when I start up my computer. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search