Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olesuds1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
    1981 Pace Arrow RV want start?
    Was running and stop. Chev engine. Spray Quick Start in opening of Carb still would not start? I think I am getting gas to the Carb anyway to check for sure. Thanks Paul
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Check all the fuses and check for spark.
    Thoroughly inspect the ignition system for corrosion.
    Check both ends of both battery cables, making certain they are clean, tight and free from corrosion.
    Let us know.

Dec 31, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Check all the fuses and check for spark.
    Thoroughly inspect the ignition system for corrosion.
    Check both ends of both battery cables, making certain they are clean, tight and free from corrosion.
    Let us know.
    Thanks What's the easy way to check for a spark? This might be my problem starter turns over good . Also wondering if I choke it too much and flooding out spark plugs? Thanks Paul PS It was running good until engine stopped And could not restart?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by olesuds1
    Thanks What's the easy way to check for a spark?
    Easiest? Remove the high-tension coil wire or plug wire. Insert a screwdriver into the wire end and hold it near the engine to simulate the sparkplug gap (roughly 1/8" should be adequate for test purposes) while cranking the engine over. You want to see a strong blue spark snap across the gap. Excersize caution - if spark is present, immediately stop. It is possible if you've attempted to start the engine, it may be flooded. Can you smell fuel, either during or after cranking?

It was running good until engine stopped And could not restart?
    Did the engine stall and then not restart, or was it turned off and then not restart?

Jan 2, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by olesuds1
    Thanks Whats the easy way to check for a spark? This might be my problem starter turns over good . Also wondering if I choke it to much and flooding out spark plugs? Thanks Paul PS It was running good until engine stopped And could not restart?
    Thanks for your quick responds The engine was running stopped and I could not restart. Only smell a light smell of gas.. Right now here in Reseda Ca its to windy and cold and rain coming in to check it out now and will let you know later.Many high fives and thanks for your help.. Paul
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
    You may need an ignition coil and/or ignition module.
    These are difficult to diagnose without proper test equipment and experience in this area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1981 GMC pick-up won't start, already replaced starter [ 3 Answers ]

My 1981 GMC pick-up won't turn over, even after the starter was replaced. I will be buying a new battery on Monday but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what else it might be?

82 Pace Arrow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a easy way to find out if a battery is dead other than buying a tester? Thanks Paul

Need name of 1981 toy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two toys one is a mermaid with green tail and wears a white coat with a Hood. She is about two inches tall and the other one is a mermaid bird. It is blue And has mermaid tail and a beak. On the back of them says CPG 1981. I think these Were bathtub toys. Please help this is driving...

Back arrow [ 6 Answers ]

Would anyone have any ideal why my back arrow does not work? He just stopped working for no reason as far as I know!

View more questions Search