Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Feebasis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Ch 13 bankruptcy
    If I have 5 single houses in ch 13 I just filed and my single house tcan I sell a rental to come up with money if so when and how also how often thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
    If you own property and wish to sell it, you will have to get the trustees permission to sell it first of all, and normally any money that is greater than the exemptions for that type of property will have to go to the court to help pay off the creditors.

But in basic no, if you sell them most of the money will go to pay your debts filed in the court. You should have a budget you are expected to follow on the chapter 13, if you can not follow it, you will need to speak to your attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

In Canada, If my common law partner filed for bankruptcy before meeting me, and never took care of it. (he is still not discharged) how is the common-law person affected? If he didn't appear for court dates can he go to jail, even if he is now going to take care of the bankruptcy? What can...

Can bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Can a Bankruptcy prevent me from getting bonded at a bank?

Bankruptcy [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I hope I'm in the right forum. I read around and this seemed to be the pick. If I missed the right forum, I apologize. I spoke with an elderly aunt of mine this am and she is considering filing bankruptcy on a particular credit card. She's on a fixed income and the interest is killing...

Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the difference is now that the bankruptcy laws have changed? What exactly has changed that would prevent a person from getting a say... Chapter 7 now as compared to before the law changed. This would be for the state of PA. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search