Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeeHomaye Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2007, 06:59 AM
    4 Years Gone Down The Drain.
    Its been about 7 weeks now sence my ex has left me. There were A LOT of different things that contributed to the break up. It felt surreal at first, like I was in a dream... It hasn't really hit me untill now, feeling all alone. I was content with the situation at first, I felt happy to be free and single. Now, all the sadness of past memories are catching up with me and I feel like I am stuck at a cross road. There is a part of me that is telling me to be strong and keep my head up. Then, the other part of me wants to let loose and drink my pain away. I know things are going to be better off without eachother, but how do you say goodbye to four years, ESPECIALLY when there is a baby involved. Im trying so so hard to be strong for my daughter and keep it together, but I just want to break down inside.

Everyday now is a rollercoaster ride, I dont know when I wake up if it's going to be an "up" day or a "down" day. I can't eat. In the past 7 weeks, I have lost 30 lbs. Now, Im having a REAL hard time sleeping. Why am I so sad, when I know in my heart that this is for the better? :confused:
    lunchboxau Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2007, 08:00 AM
    I ended a 6 year relationship about a year 8 months ago and thought that I would be fine and dandy regarding it because it had been rocky for a while and thought it was for the best. Fast forward to now and I have had a 2nd relationship end because basically I was overly needy and expecting to be cared about the same way that I was from my long term ex, which basically sees me grieving for 2 relationships.

What I learnt from this is even when you know a relationship ending is for the best and you feel content and happy, you still need a grieving period! For all the bad things and small little things that led to me ultimately leaving the first relationship there is still something inherently special about being close to someone for a long time. They know more about you than you do and share in some very important memories. She was very sad when I left her and at the time I basically went no contact for myself and for her.

One of the good things to come out of it is that our relationship was basically a co-dependant relationship. She relied on me for pretty much all the happiness in her life and while I was prepared to give it for a long time it ultimately was too much. Now after 6+ months of very little contact she is an extremely confident young woman who has guys chasing her and me wondering why I left her in the first place. She has a very large social circle and has righted so many things about her that I thought she wasn't capable of doing.

I guess what I am saying in a round about way is that if your heart of hearts knows this is for the better than try and embrace the pain if even a little bit and know that you are a good person for seeing it through for yourself and your daughter. I myself am going through the up and down phases knowing that not only is my ex in a far better place than what I am but I also lost the opportunity of being with someone I think is very special.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 10:42 AM
    We all have pain and misery and confusion after a break up. Doesn't really matter how long it lasted, when its over. You are not alone and must give yourself time to greive. It's a must. Read the links in my signature and know it will get better.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
    As Talaniamn said, read the links; and this one: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...sh-114179.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

3 years down the drain? [ 1 Answers ]

:( well, I've been dating this guy for about 3 years now. We were on and off for quite a while. I never felt this way about anybody in my life. And he's not the best guy for me, everyone tells me that I can do so much better because of the way he treated me. But something about him that makes me...

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

6 years down the drain? [ 13 Answers ]

My girl and I had been going out for 4 years of college after college she decided to move down to FL with her sis for a year or so. We broke up just before she left but we still loved each other and. It has been almost three years since she moved down there we talk every day we visit each other...

View more questions Search