Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyjp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Vitamins and Trying to conceive!
    We have been trying everything for the past 9 months! I don’t think that it helps that I am borderline underweight. This stinks! I have been trying to eat healthy but gain like 5 lbs. I have been taking Vitamin B. Does anyone know if that is a wrong kind or should I take something else? I am Trying to conceive #1! I am just wondering what other people suggest to take. I read to take Vitamin B9 but I couldn’t find it anywhere! Also anything with Folic Acid. Thank everyone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 09:26 AM
    You should be taking a prenatal vitamin that contains folic acid. It will not help with conception as that has to do ONLY with the sperm and egg, but it will help prevent neural tube defects, such as spina bifida, should you become pregnant.

Neural tube defects typically develop before a woman even knows she is pregnant and they are irreversible once developed, aside from surgery after birth.
    ashleyjp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Yes I know it won't help increase my odds of getting pregnant. I went and bought Prenatal Complete. It has been recommened by a handful of people.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
    That's GREAT!!

The Prenatal Complete will have all of the vitamins you need. No need to take additional vitamins such as the B complexes or the folic acid.

You are good to go with that one only.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Ditto J_9

I'm on a prenatal and it has everything you need... only one per day! It doesn't get any easier than that. :) For your weight, just try eating the right foods and lots of vegatables. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too much vitamins? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have bought a few vitamins, I did not buy the multi because it was not multi for me, so any way the vitamins are(zinc, calcium, A&d, kelp, shark and B complex with C, E and iron) is that crazy? How should I take them? And if this is crazy which ones can I take first till the bottle is...

I need to know what vitamins are good [ 3 Answers ]

My husband wants me to buy him some vitamins because he says that when he is at work and he leans forward and stands up he gets dizzy every time. He just 30lbs in 1 1/2 months because he stopped drinking and cut back on his eating habits. I told him that he should got to the dr but he doesn't...

Pure vitamins? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been reading up on vitammins and their affects on the immune system, so my doctor and I have decited to start using vitamin , but I have no idea where to but them from because I have also read that most store bought vitamin are not regulated on their ingridents, does anyone know where I can...

Vitamins for hair [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, someone wrote here may be 2 days ago about nutricap and sea kelp in helping hair loss and fasten the growth. My q. is, is sea klep pills or products u use on your hair (like shampoo, conditioner, etc.. ) if someone had good results with one of these (nutricap, sea klep) would u please share...

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

View more questions Search