Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Pure vitamins?
    I've been reading up on vitammins and their affects on the immune system, so my doctor and I have decited to start using vitamin , but I have no idea where to but them from because I have also read that most store bought vitamin are not regulated on their ingridents, does anyone know where I can get pure vitamins
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:36 PM
    I think if you go with a name brand like Bayer or Jamieson you'll be fine, just don't buy no name store brands.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Whole Foods Stores. If you have those stores in your State.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Nature-Made Vitamins are very good vitamins and can be found at your local CVS pharmacy and other places. Buying vitamins at a health food store - you will spend more money and I have done that, finding out that there is no better guarantee on some of them than when I found Nature-Made. I would not purchase generic vitamins either, you do not know which company really made them and their quality control.

You can check out Nature-made for yourself at this - Nature Made Vitamins, Nutritional Information, Health and Wellness Topics and Herbal Supplements
    jswain16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the vitamin business is not regulated. A ministry of health study was done a few years ago to test over 200 brands of vitamins in order to determine if accurate potency, etc was maintained, as indicated on the bottle. Actually, Jamieson did not score very well at all. The top vitamins, according to this study, were made by a company called Douglas Labs. Big names like Centrum, Jamieson, etc did not fair as well as many would think. I hope this helps.
    Jualsy Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2007, 12:42 PM
    We have bought our vitamins for years from Puritans Pride... Puritan's Pride Vitamins: Discount Vitamins and Herbal Supplements (in America)
    Even with the shipping costs the rates are much lower and the offers are great and the products really good strengths... which is most important. The RDA is pathetic!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shiseido pure white [ 2 Answers ]

I am a new member I just want to know how many pills do you have to take a day?

Shiseido pure white [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone who knows where I can buy shiseido pure white skin lightening pills? Are these gluthatione and how many pills should I take in a day. Thanks a lot

Angelis, Pure Voices [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find a selection of really pure sounding, angelic voices for my boyfriend. I am not looking for operah style voices, but ones that are pure sounding and diverse. Any ideas? :)

Pure science [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think that government funds (taxpayers money) should be spent on pure science research?

View more questions Search