Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Why the pain?
    Why do people say that their bones, muscles ache more right before it rains ? I aways thought they were a little off. But I have a shifted spine> car accident and a few screwed up disc... my back hurts and so do my knees and my legs kill me with shooting pains... esp right before it rains. Am I crazy? Is this all in my head... does anyone else on here have these pains before the rain comes? Oh and I am only 44 yrs old.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I can't tell you for certain B... But it is believed to be from the change in barometric pressure that can cause things such as pain in your case, and asthma attacks as in the case of my son.

It's not in your head. It does happen.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I was sitting here a few nights ago and pains started shooting through my legs... seems as though it is in the bones... I started worrying about bone cancer. Later that night it started raining. Whew I was so happy... I feel like such a nutcase. I am going to look up barometric pressure, so maybe I could get a tool that can determine when the pressure is rising and make notes and medicate myself or at least be aware so I'm not quitely freaking out.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
    I know bushy, and I feel the pain too. I don't know if being a diabetic is any direct cause of the joint pain I have, or not. I know that diabetics have muscle pain and I do too. I tried celebrex a short while ago and went off it because quite frankly, I would rather know where the pain is. Might sound funny but that's how I am. I found I was much better off the celebrex then on it with side effects like diahrrea which only happened later on.

I am effected more in the damp rainy weather then any other time. Now I find I don't like the cold all that much, or my arms bare in bed at night. Have to wear something on my upper arms at least.

I found Ibuprofen a good anti inflammatory for me, don't know if it would do for you or not.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Tickle My knees burn so bad... but the shooting pains are the worst. I have learned to live with the back pain and a chriopractor really helps a lot. I have used naproxen but my feet swell really bad when I take it. I only use ibuprofen when I can't take it any longer. I don't want stomcahe problems.
    I am going to visits my husbands orthopedic doctor I think he is great... it is hard for me to accept treatment... I am always worried what or how to take care of my animals and kids if I am down for the count. I have been looking at fibromylgia... I am thinking about talking to my gp about that. J9 do you think that could be a possibility.
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Fibromyalgia could very well be an idea, and is worth exploring.

Bushy, are you on any cholesterol lowering meds? Statins to be specific?
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:53 PM
    No, my bp is low actually they often joke about whether I am alive or not. It is like 70 over 82 and as far as I know my levels are fine. I just have hypogyclemia. But I just watch what I eat and how often I eat. My body and joints and bones ache all of the time... I have plantar fasciitis that was treated about 7 years ago and is now back giving me hell. Honestly as far as colds, flu,etc... I am rarley ill.
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Not BP meds, cholesterol lowering meds... But if you aren't on them, I won't go there, I was just formulating in my little head, LOL

I would discuss the possibility of fibromyalgia with the doctor, he may entertain the idea, but that is another one that is very hard to diagnose properly, and even to control with medication. But it is always a possibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arm pain upper leg pain [ 1 Answers ]

My question is I get arm pain and leg pain consitantly , a year ago I was rear ended I`ve had exrays mri`s and recent EMG my mri`s show l1 l2 turning dark l6/7 have buldging ,have something with my neck going on now too emg didn't show anything and constant lower back pain ,but I`m concerned...

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Lot of hip pain [ 4 Answers ]

hi all... hope I got the right page... I fell 4 yrs ago on my left side... treaded for my gorin... hip also hurt but not bad... so not treaded for my hip... just my gorin... nothing on the x-rays or mri... did theraty 3 mounths and went back to work... hip has ...

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

View more questions Search