Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmichaelgood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quit Claim Deed a property in Dekalb Cty, Georgia
    Hey Folks... new to this site and am glad I found it. Background - my mother purchased a house for me in unincorpated DeKalb County, Georgia back in 2004. She's been paying the mortgage (from Seattle, WA) to present date.

She's now wanting to quit claim the property to me - and I'm not sure what that entials. Essentially she's tired of paying the mortgage.

In theory I'm not opposed to this but herein lies the problem; my credit sucks bad. I'm not even sure a third tier lender would give me the time of day.

Can she quit claim a property to me without my having arranged alternate financing?

Any thoughts or guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Darin
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Yes and no, of course she can do a quitclaim deed, and file it, but then in most cases the loan will become due and payable at once. Since she is giving away her interest in the proeprty.

What she needs to do is co/sign a loan with you, so that you are buying the property. Also remember this way you are buying it, since if she gives it to you, there are some seroius tax issues.

Remember most loans have clauses that if there is any deed transver, the loan becomes due in full at that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Quit Claim Deed for Property Overseas [ 1 Answers ]

My mom wants to sell their home back in Philippines, but needs her children to sign a quit claim deed. Is there a special quit claim deed form for oversea property or just use a generic quit claim deed as long as we put the home address that is being sold?

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search