Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Should I be concerned?
    My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with 'Genital Warts' recently and as a precaution I went to the Doctors (cause you just never know) - she referred me to a clinic to have tests done for STD's. I was screened for everything and they all came back negative which was a huge relief. I had had some discomfort down below - but the Doctor at the Clinic said it was nothing to worry about - it was just slighlty sore.

I started to relax and have had no problems - but since I have been getting stressed out it has started happening again - do you think it's stress related??

The last time I was stressed I had a spotted rash come up on my side just above my hip - it looked like a skin irration but wasn't and it went as soon as the stress diesd down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2005, 07:37 AM
    Warts
    Always contact your doctor if and when you have any concern.

Genital Warts is not something that your boyfriend can really ever get rid of. If and when they get larger the doctor will burn them off. He is in for a wonderful experience.

They are very, very highly contagious. You will see these types of warts on all sorts of people, often even around their neck, armpits and private areas.

They are very not really harmful as far as I know but if they are gotten in the wrong place sex will be painful.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2005, 08:13 AM
    Here are some good articles for you from WebMD:
    http://www.webmd.com/search/search_r...rchSubmit.y=13
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2005, 08:16 AM
    My EX boyfriend did have them zapped off - so it wasn't nice at all.

I have been screened and told I don't have the virus and I have been having sex fine with my current boyfriend I don't get any probs. (WE always take precautions too)

It's just on the odd occasion (mainly when I am stressed) that I feel a little sore down below - its not related to my sex life - its just strange which is why I thought it could be stress related.
    Vicky44 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 07:42 AM
    If you have been checked and don't appear to have the warts, I would guess that its OK not to worry about it then... My EX husband had genital warts for a long time and we didn't know that's what it was, but he had been unfaithful twice and I should have known it wasn't normal... anyways, we were together 20 years and he had them for a good 8 yrs before getting them burned off and I never got them from him... and I was checked by 3 doctors because I was so paranoid about it lol... so if you have a good doctor, trust him and get your yearly check ups. Good Luck! :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2006, 09:52 AM
    I am fine. I have stopped fretting now. But that is really good to know, so thanks vicky44.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it me or is he not concerned about how I feel.. [ 27 Answers ]

Im seeing this guy and we are slowly building a relationship however I have a friend whom has a very high sex drive and has many flings. He has asked many questions about her which I felt crossed the boundaries it made me feel so uncomfortable and so enraged by his actions. I tried to explain it...

Concerned about my cat [ 1 Answers ]

I am very concerned about my cat she is for years old.She has always slept with me and stayed in bed except get up eat or drink and go to the bathroom, for about three weeks she won't stay in bed she gets in and out of bed goes from room to room and meows she has been spayed so I know that is not...

Concerned about my dog [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have been highly concerned about my (what we believe is a Chow/Doberman/Shepard) mix. She is 10, going on 11 years old. She is overweight, and has been for awhile. Recently, she has been scratching excessively (what we believe is triggered due to allergies, she does it every year...

Is this normal or should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

I watch this 5 year old boy in the mornings before school. A few months back he told my 3 year old girl to take off her pants and they were going to play doctor. She came in a told me that he had touched her down there. I was very concerned and informed his father and since then he had been talked...

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search