Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephen Parker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Sink waste water and soil stack
    In general--but with particular reference to New York City--does kitchen sink waste water empty into a standard soil stack?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Well, that's kind of a loaded question.

Are we talking about a residential kitchen sink, or a commercial kitchen sink?

If it's residential, are you by chance running a 'cottage industry' type of business out of your home -- If so, what kind of business is it?

Also -- How are you defining "standard soil stack"?

Is it 2" or bigger?

If it's only 2", are there other fixtures tied into it -- If so, what are they and how many are there?

Does it tie into a sanitary sewer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soil stack snapper, [ 2 Answers ]

I have rented a RIGID chain cutting tool to cut my soil stack, I'm just not sure if I should use it like a tubing cutter or simply keep tightening till something gives. (as the name soil stack snapper, implys)?

Rust on soil stack [ 1 Answers ]

I've been seeing rust nodules on our soil stacks... do the these cast iron stacks need replacing?

Connecting second floor waste to main waste stack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have new new modular cape that had the first floor plumbing complete, and the second floor stubbed, and want to know the right way to connect the second floor waste drain which was installed in the house, to the main waste drain. The main waste drain comes up verically from the basement floor...

Crack in soil stack [ 4 Answers ]

The main soil stack in my 40+ year old two story home has developed small crack. I have seen evidence of a very small amount of leakage in my basement over the past few years, but it was never bad enough to goo cutting into the walls to find the source. Finally it has gotten bad enough that it had...

View more questions Search