Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickeyrory Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Repairing drain pipe
    I have a leak in where two drain pipes are glued together. I would like to know if it can be repaired by simply putting glue on the outside or should I cut the pipe and redo the whole thing? I I do have to cut it, are there any tricks to getting this together if there is no play in the pipe?

Thanks
    Mickey
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 15, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Before you cut the pipes, try this. Get some PVC primer and paint it around the joint, getting it in the crack. Let it dry and paint the crack with PVC cement and let that dry also. Since this is drainage with no pressure it should stop your leak. If not then click on back. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing bathtub faucet pipe [ 4 Answers ]

Pipe thatr uns into handle of \bathtub faucet has a small hole. How can I fix?

Vent pipe turned into drain pipe and drain pipe into vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently began to remodel my laundry room. I wanted to move the washing machine 3 ft from its current spot. When I removed the sheet rock I found that the vent pipe is between the current washing machine drain and where I am moving my washing machine. I wanted to avoid breaking into the slab....

Repairing PVC pipe [ 1 Answers ]

We were putting up some shelving in a closet and inadvertently drilled a 1/4" hole through the drain pipe from the washer upstairs. Can we just plug this hole with epoxy of some kind or do we need to replace the pipe?

Repairing 2nd floor shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

As others, my shower drain has leaked on to my first floor ceiling. Attached is a picture of the drain. Should there not be some type of sealent material to block the OD and ID voids?

Repairing tub trip drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the rod and bucket for my brass trip drain on the tub. The problem is that the normal replacement "bucket" is too large. My old one measures about 1.25 inches. Generic replacement is about 1 5/16 inches. Where is this available? I hate to replace the entire drain system if not...

View more questions Search