Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    All4Noah Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Divorce in VA
    I'm separating from my husband (at least that's my plan) after the 1st of the year... (just because we have a young child). I want to know other then seeing an attorney what should I be asking the attorney. I don't want to fight for anything other then my daughter. Any advice.
    Thanks,
    sunnyMI Posts: 62, Reputation: 7

Dec 24, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Why the fight for your daughter? A child needs both parents in their life. Unless the father has proven to be unfit (honestly), then visitations should be, and most likely will be, shared. For your daughter's sake, try to be mutual with the father as it's in her best interest. You will have to file a request for custody, etc with the friend of the court. Your lawyer will be able to assist you with this. Hopefully you and your ex can come up with an agreement because it's a lot easier than dealing with the FOC. Either way, it will need to be documented and presented to a judge for ruling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 06:44 PM
    If you mean not sharing custody, you better have some compelling evidence, or chances are you'll get joint custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To divorce or not to divorce [ 36 Answers ]

Okay, my husband and I have had issues for quite some time. For a time we separted and he convinced me to give him a second chance... he said I won't regret it. Well, I am. He gets in these grumpy moods and gets quite mean. This morning I asked him to help me get the kids ready because I had to...

Divorce in CA. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if in the state of California a default judgement against me in my divorce can be abated?

Get divorce [ 4 Answers ]

If I don't respond to the divorce paper which I received from my wife because it is not true what is going to happened ?

Want a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've been married for five months now separated for two. My husband is 15 years older than me (he's35, im20) I'm three months pregnant and we want to get a divorce. Now the problem is that he is the one that works I was waiting to go to school and he got upset because we had a lot of problems...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

View more questions Search