Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razzy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Isosceles Triangles -Geometry
    Hi.

Was wondering how you would find a vertex angle measurement if you only have a base measurement.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Is the triangle isosceles? (judging from the title of your thread.) If so, then what do you know about the base angles of an isosceles triangle? And what do you know about the angle sum of any triangle?
    razzy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
    I know that the base angle measurement of the triangle is 37. That's all I know of the problem.

I made the base angle congruent to the other base angle and used the Converse Base Angle theorem to make the legs of the triangle congruent.

Is that what I do? Then make the legs and base equal to 180 to find the vertex?

Thanks for help by the way.

Oh and its Isosceles :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Isosceles triangle [ 1 Answers ]

the sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isoseles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Is this statement true or false?

Altitude of an Isosceles Triangle [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, find the altitude of an isosceles triangle whose base is 10 and whose congruent sides are 9. I found how to find the alt of a right triangle but still don't really comprende. Help :D

Trigonometry-solving triangles [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: Hello. I have a couple questions on trigonometry, and if u could help me, then I would greatly appreciate it :) 1) The diagonal of a rectangle is 12 cm long and makes an angle of 32 degrees with the longer side. Find the longer side of the rectangle. 2) A guy...

Isosceles Trapezoid [ 1 Answers ]

An isosceles trapezoid has two congruent ______ a.bases b.legs c.midsegments d.altitudes

Isosceles trapezoid geometry question [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for a quadrilateral to have exactly 3 sides of equal length. I was just wondering. It would most likely be an Isosceles trapezoid.

View more questions Search