Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uniquebeautio08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 01:26 PM
    My printer won't print
    I have a lexmarkx1185 and my printer will not print out anything not even the test page and when I won't it to print it says printing started and nothing but a blank page will come out so please help me out I'm trying to print out a prom dress cause my prom is going to be here soon.. someone
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Uni,

Is the printer an Inkjet or laser printer? Does this printer have a front panel?

If you are trying to print using the Postscript Emulator, you may have forgotten to put the "Showpage" operator into the final draft of the page.

If you can save the file as a "Print File" and attach it to this item or a PM and it to me I can place it into an appropriate editor and see what the print file thinks it is doing.

Dec 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Uni,

Good afternoon. I'll be at the Lexmark Technical Support Headquarters next Thursday.

If you can get the print file to me, I can analyse them on some of the lab's debugging tools and let you know what the printer is being told to do.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 02:05 AM
    I know this may sound simple but have you tried to reboot?

Dec 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
    UNI -
    Last call for your print to file. As I said I'll be at the Lexmark Labs and Technical sup[port Center in Lexington, KY on Thursday.

Get me the file and I should be able to let you know why it is misbehaving.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Do you have ink

Dec 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Uni,

Since I have not received any response from you at all, I'm finished with this posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

Printer won't print [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried to download my lexmark printer and it took it and when I go to control panel and look in their the printer says ready to use but when I try to print a page a small screen pops up and reads unable to print disconnect usb or disconnect power or restart computter and after all that it...

HP 3600dn Colour Laser Printer won't print [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a HP 3600dn colour laserjet printer it will print from windows image viewer and from notepad etc, but it will not print from Office. The printer comes up saying printing from Microsoft Word etc, but then just sits there. Ive checked the simple things like paper sizes etc. I can't...

Printer Won't Print [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook(Pentium II) with Windows 98. The printer is an HP Officejet v40xi. Recently, I took my computer into the shop because the cursor went off the screen. After solving the problem, I brought the machine home, hooked up the printer, and tried to print. The error...

View more questions Search