Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larrymetcalfe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Bathroom Smell
    My question is I have a bathroom that is up stairs and our house is on a slab we get smell in the bathroom about the same time but not everyday and it smells like a dead animal but only smells in the one bathroom. I hve been in the attic to see if the smell is up there but it' not. I've had all the drains cleaned in that bathroom. This has been going on for about a week and a half and itdoes not smell every day. Can any help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
    "about the same time but not everyday " so tell us what time this smell appears. Is it coinciding with any other event such as a shower or toilet flush elsewhere in the house. You have not described a sewer gas smell so we'll skip checking the vent stacks and traps. If you can pin this down to a small location we can better determine what causes it. This is going to look weird so don't let anyone else see you do this, get a 3' length of hose and cup it tightly around your nose with your hand, breath through your nose and let the hose hang down in various places in the bath, start with the drains. Most drain smells are rotting hair, grease and human skin cells, can smell like death. Come back when you have finished with the hose. If your ife catches you during this test tell her you just saw Elephant Man on TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 level home and smell sewage on the bottom level only. This has been going on and off for a couple of years and I have not been able to solve it. THis is a vacation rental home in another state , so I cannot be there all the time. Last year, I had the toilet ring replaced and when...

Smell from Bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ensuite which contains a shower, toilet and sink. This room is not used regular and every so often if not used for a couple of days there is a smell from the room. I can not find out where the smell is coming from but when the smell comes I flush the toilet, run water down the sink and...

Urine smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

We have a triwide mobile home with 2 bathrooms. The guest bathroom has a urine smell and has had it for quite a while now. It's clean and the only thing I can think of is the vent pipe on the roof is clogged. How can I go about clearing it without damaging anything Also, I hear the toilet kind...

Bathroom smell [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the washing machine or the shower a horrible sewage smell appears. It seems like it sucks the water out of the bathroom sink. A gurgling noise is heard and then the smell appears. What can I do to eliminate the smell? I'm not sure if it's vented or even what venting is.

Smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I live in a relatively new home and over the past few months I've noticed a mild sewage smell in my 2nd floor bathroom. The smell does not seem to be coming from anywhere in particular. I have noticed that on windy days the smell is more noticeable. The water drains fine in all cases....

View more questions Search