Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boyzvoyles Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 08:28 PM
    2 children
    I am starting to keep 2 children ages 12 months and 3 years for 4 days a week from 5:30 P.M. - 11:15 P.M. and Saturdays from 9:30 A.M - 11:15 P.M. how much should I be charging is $75.00 per child too much which is about $2.15 an hour?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Are you a teen or an adult? Are you certified in CPR?

There are a ton of factors that go into what you should be charging, including location and the going rate in your area.

Dec 8, 2007, 08:36 PM
    I am a adult and I am CPR certified 13 years of experience in daycare.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 08:41 PM
    GREAT!!

Do you know the going rates in your area? What you are charging is extremely LOW in my area. While I would love that cost I would question the ability due to the low rates.

Mind you, I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but as a mother of 4 myself, I look not only at the care, but the rates. While low rates are great, I question the ability of the daycare provider.

Could you contact providers in your area and ask their going rates for full time care?

Dec 8, 2007, 08:44 PM
    At the daycare I came from it charges $80.00 for babies - potty trained and $75.00 for 3 years - ? And that was for 6:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Sounds like you are doing good then. Is your home certified?

Dec 8, 2007, 08:48 PM
    No
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 08:49 PM
    You are only keeping 2 children, so that is okay, but you might want to work toward certification, then you can charge more.

Dec 8, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Yeah that is my plans now that my three boys are in school now I am wanting to better my education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

His children over me? [ 12 Answers ]

I need help because when we are on the phone, if one of his children calls... its an immediate hangup... Give me advise for felling so down on his list.

About children [ 3 Answers ]

I got married on 20th November 2003, at yet I did not get pregnant. My date of birth is 13-12-1978

I want to have children [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 17 year old girl who is desperate to have a baby. I have been with my boyfriend for over 1 year now and he really wants a baby to. He sayd he doesn't want any unless its with me. I love him so much and wuld do anything for him. I absolutely adore babies and have wanted 1 of my own from I was...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Will we have more children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed in 2004 with cancer. He went through about 8 months of treatment (chemo and radiation). I've read a lot about the type of chemo he was given and have found that one of the side effects is often infertility. We didn't have anytime to plan out what we were going to...

View more questions Search