Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Dec 7, 2007, 05:16 AM
    soldier deployment
    Hi everyone. I'm posting to my ask me family for a favor. It won't cost anything but a moment of good will from your heart. My family and I are preparing for my husband's second deployment to Iraq very soon. What I am asking is that if you all would say a prayer and think good thoughts about all of our soldiers over seas, especially at this time of year when they and their families are separated for the holidays.
    and if you happen to see a serviceman or woman in uniform that you say thank you for serving. I've seen what a gesture like that does to themselves esteem when they know they are thought of with respect and gratitude. It may seem a little thing to you but it has a great impact on them. I think of it as a random act of kindness to those who need it most.
    It takes a special person who answers the call of service to their country and are heroes in the eyes of many.
    Also think kind thoughts of their families who keep the home fores burning while a loved one is away and for those who paid the ultimate price for freedom.

Thank yo and happy holidays.

Chippers.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Chippers, your husband and you and your family certainly have my prayers - not just for the Holidays but for all the days. Thank your husband for me for his dedication and selfless service to this country. God bless him and his unit, keep them all safe and back home to their families.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Definitely my son being in Iraq scares me so much I am always worried. He is coming home for Christmas vacation though, I can't wait. (I tried to talk him into being a pyro technican or anything but Iraq) I knew he was going to do what he was going to do anyway though.
    When they are over there it gives you a new sense of valuing precious moments when you get to see them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I am so proud of our men and women who love our nation enough to serve. I will most certainly remember him in my prayers
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Everyone should be proud of the special men and women who have chosen to serve their country.
    As we sit in our homes and contemplate the upcoming season, we certainly owe our thanks to their patriotism.
    God bless them and keep them safe.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Chippers dear. This must be a very hard time for you right now with your first holiday without your mother and now your hubby off to Iraq again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And you know I do appreciate the work and dedication your husband is doing for our country.

My son is off to Iraq in January or February, we haven't got the exact date yet.

Wow, how we have some strange family coincidences. At this rate your hubby and my son will probably meet in Iraq and become fast friends. LOL

Anyway, give hubby a hug from me, tell him that I thank him for his service. And don't forget to give yourself a hug from me too.

God bless you and your family. You all hold a very special place in my heart.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Chippers, I would be honored to take the time to thank a service man or woman! Best wishes to you and your whole family, and all who stand for our country! Many hugs and good wishes upon them all! Happy Holidays to you and yours too!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
    My son Lee did this in the sudani triangle sand. Print this out for your husband I bet he can relate.
    My son said the heat there is like being in an oven and the breeze is like having an oven door opened to MORE heat.

Larger size on my four angels page on my website link below.
    Attached Images

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 08:42 PM
    God bless you and your family and all those men and women serving our country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my soldier cheating? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 37 years old and have been with my husband for 9 years and married for 8 years this month. He is in the Army and deployed to a combat zone. He has been gone for 8 months. For the entire time he has been gone he has been writing love letters to me and he writes to me about sexual fantasies...

Trying to conceive before deployment. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all! Im new to this thing so bare with me. My husband and I have been trying to coneive since April and so far with no luck. He deploys in January for 7 months and we hope to get pregnant before he goes. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or methods that might be able to help us...

Soldier in Iraq [ 7 Answers ]

So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister...

One brave soldier [ 14 Answers ]

I saw this story and thought to myself "what would other people think." so I'm posting it here and would like peoples opinions on it. Conscientious Rejector? - Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone From Yahoo! News I'll let you all know what I think in a day or two

View more questions Search