Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christy760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Trying to conceive before deployment.
    Hello all! Im new to this thing so bare with me. My husband and I have been trying to coneive since April and so far with no luck. He deploys in January for 7 months and we hope to get pregnant before he goes. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or methods that might be able to help us out we would apreciate it! Thank you so much and have a great day! :)
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Try to get an ovulation kit so you know when you are your most fertile. Start taking a prenatal vitamin. LOL after a deployment many wives get pregnant. It just takes time to get pregnant sometimes. Just eat healthy and if you smoke or drink try to cut it out. Good luck.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:16 PM
    My husband and I are trying to conceive as well. :) I would suggest doing ovulation tests, and monitering your temps in the morning. Google online BBT (basal body temp). There are many signs your body gives you when you are most fertile. Have you recently been on any type of birth control? Try to relax and not stress too much, stress can play a factor in delaying ovulation.
    Basically... if you can chart your morning temps, and you have regular periods (and ovulation test help) you can see when you are most fertile. When you have a positive ovualtion test (LH surge) LH is the hormone release before you ovualte... it shows that you should ovulate in the next 36 hours... BUT they cannot tell you if you did in fact ovulate. You temps, over about a month, show you what you normally read at... when there is a spike in your temp (only about .3-.6 degrees) it shows you that you DID ovulate... the tenp rise is due to progesterone a heat-emitting hormone release after you ovulate. As you can see the temps only tell you when you already ovulated... by that time its usually too late because an egg only survives about 24 hours... but then mark the previous 6 days before your temp rose... those are your most fertile days.

It may take about a month of monitering to see when you usually ovulate, and when your most fertile time is... but its worth it :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
    As said above, ovulation kits are wonderful. You can also use an ovulation calendar if you don't want to spend the money on the kit. It will tell you your fertile days when you put in your LMP. Here you go :

American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

Also, here are some helpful tips on getting pregnant : Tips on Getting Pregnant

I was pregnant with my first son during my husbands deployment. It was hard, I must warn you. I had to attend all doctor visits alone, the ultrasound alone, all testing alone. My husband wished he could be there so badly. My husband came back from deployment, and then a month later had to go back out to sea, and surprise, I went into labor while he was out to sea, and had the baby. He missed the whole pregnancy, and the birth.

Remember if you get pregnant and need support while your husband is deployed, I am always here :)

**EDIT** - I also want to add, as alkalineangel says, it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive. Don't lose hope!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:54 PM
    And if you want some money saver tips :) I buy all my pregnancy tests and ovualtions tests for a FRACTION of what they cost in the store... and these pregnancy tests detect earlier than the ones in the store...

Early-pregnancy-tests.com

They are great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for nearly two years, and have been of it for nine months. How long does this take to get out of your system before you are able to conceive?

Trying to conceive #1 [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone had any luck with Clomid? Any one with success or failures please post! And if you conceived how long did it take? I was just put on Clomid

Can't conceive [ 4 Answers ]

I have bin trying for a baby for a year now wiv my boyfriend and I all ready have free kids but I just can't get pregnant will I ever.

View more questions Search