Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2005, 08:29 PM
    Oracle Installation issues on W2k Server
    hi,

I've installed a dual booting OS running Win XP and Win2000 Server on two partitions namely: C: XP (Fat32 partition), E: W2kServer(NTFS partition) on 20GB each. They are running absolutely fine. Now when I tried to install Oracle 9i Server installation on W2K Server, in the initial stage itself I'm unable to proceed further i.e.. Autoplay is run and it comes up with a Oracle 9i Server Installation Screen which prompts the following options:

1. Install/Deinstall Products
    2. Explore the CD
    3. Browse the Documentation

When I select the Install/Deinstall Products then it comes back with a error message as following:
    ================================================== ========
    Oracle Universal Installer:

Error in writing to directory E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\OraInstall. Please ensure that this directory is writable and has at least 25MB of disk space. Installation cannot continue.

OK
    ================================================== ========

Now what could be the problem and how to resolve this issue?? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. If u need screenshots for better understanding then I don't mind sending them but it contains the same matter as described above.

SAI

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed Oracle 9i,I have been working on oracle since one year(in college).At that time I was not requiring to use the oracle options i.e. I did'nt needed to specify which database serivice to use and all that I just had to run query in SQL *plus. At this time I am working...

Oracle 9i Installation issues on W2k Server [ 6 Answers ]

hi, I've installed a dual booting OS running Win XP and Win2000 Server on two partitions namely: C: XP (Fat32 partition), E: W2kServer(NTFS partition) on 20GB each. They are running absolutely fine. Now when I tried to install Oracle 9i Server installation on W2K Server, in the initial stage...

Chronotherm IV installation issues. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to update the thermostat in the house this weekend, and I am having some issues, and I wonder if someone could help set me straight with what I'm doing wrong... Just to be upfront - I don't know much about HVAC, we didn't really have them where I came from. I did replace the thermostat...

Oracle 8i [ 2 Answers ]

We are in Oracle platform based application development. We are user Developer6i as front-end. We are facing a big problem regarding implemenation of the executables. We have to install all the forms FMX files there at client side. Is there is any way to combine all the executable objects into...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.