Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannyh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Old Fuses
    I have an old fuse box and have used the old 30amp cooker fuse to power my shower (30amp), however the shower I have purchased needs a 40amp fuse - can I change the 30 amp fuse wire and replace with 40 amp wire?

Thanks Danny
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:00 PM
    The next physical size fuse after 30 amps increases, so the 40 will not fit in the 30 amp fuse holder.

All of today's appliances really require a good distribution system, and circuit breaker panels of sufficient size for the total load help with preventing outages and fires.

If there is a way for the 40 amp to get connected to the fusebox, be sure to check the load on the mains that there is enough capacity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are fuses? [ 3 Answers ]

What are fuses? What are their needs? Are they to be wired in a series circuit or a parallel circuit? Thank you for your attention

FLNR fuses [ 1 Answers ]

What does the letters stand for?

Diff between fuses [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference Current limiting fuses & Expulsion fuses ?

What's better; Fuses or Breakers [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking at replacing the service box in my home. The main reason is that coming off the service box are two other switches, one for the Air Conditioning unit and one for other lights in the house. So I would like to get everything in one box. The existing service is a 100 amp Fuse box. I...

Fuses v breakers [ 3 Answers ]

thought I'd look on the web for this and I found this site. Here goes... my building was built in 1939 and has old cloth wire in it. My neighbors have all had their fuse boxes upgraded to circuit breakers, and since I recently fried a wire inside a conduit while hanging a fixture, I thought...

View more questions Search