Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoooonuf Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 12:04 PM
    2006 Honda Civic.Can't collapse brake caliper
    I'm replacing the front brake pads on a 2006 Civic. I did the right side, no problem. When I tried to collapse the piston on the left side, it will not budge. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Take the cap off the master cylinder reservoir. Use a disc brake pad spreader to force the piston back into the caliper. Some people use a large C-clamp.

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com
    shoooonuf Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 01:15 PM
    I was trying with a c-clamp and it would not budge. Hopefully taking the cap off will do the trick. Thanks!
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
    I see from your other post that it looks like you need to replace both front calipers, get rebuilts from your parts store, then yes, you will need to do a complete flush and bleed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 4 Answers ]

My 2006 Honda Civic EX won't start. I can turn on the headlights and unlock the doors using the "automatic" key and also use the power windows, so I don't think it's the battery, but... The car has been working just fine since I bought it last year. Any ideas?

1995 Honda Civic, brake pedal makes radio go off. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's 95 Civic, 225,000 miles, has pretty significant oil leak but runs great. Today she came home and said that each time she steps on the brake the radio goes off and the speedometer goes nuts, indicator swinging wildly on it. What on earth? :eek: I haven't checked fuses yet but would...

93 honda civic brake light will not stop illuminating [ 1 Answers ]

My brake light on my dash will not stop illuminating on my dashboard. Any suggetions?

Brake fluid leak- master cylinder or caliper? [ 1 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

View more questions Search