Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2pnuts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Electrical Outlet Faults During Rain
    We have an electrical outlet on our front porch that faults and turns off every time it rains. When we reset it, it only comes back on for about a second. We usually have to wait until the rain stops completely for it to not fault (it can be pouring rain, a light mist or even fog). FYI - this was installed when the house was built and has been a problem since we moved in.

Do you think it's a bad outlet?

Thank you!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
    I think now it needs to be replaced. I think the weatherproof plate is allowing water into the outlet or box getting the outlet or wires wet.

If there are wires connected to the LOAD terminals, then there is the possibility of that portion of the circuit is tripping outlet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical outlet [ 5 Answers ]

I want to fix the faulty wiring in the electrical outlets in my house. I know nothing about how things work. I would like to try to fix it if it is possible. It is an old house . The out lets work but when I use a APC surge protector bar the red button comes on which means faulty wiring . So I am...

Changing an electrical outlet [ 16 Answers ]

I am having trouble changing an electrical outlet in my bathroom. Currently there is a switch that controls the ceiling light. I am trying to replace the switch with a switch/receptacle combo. The box has 5 wires in it--2 black--these were attached to the original switch, and 2 white that were...

Electrical Outlet Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an regular outlet (not GFCI), spilled water making coffee, had the breaker kick off, replaced the breaker and regular outlet; tried a GFCI outlet; when I reset the gfci outlet the breaker still kicks off; any suggestions?

Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

My Electrical Outlet Is Not Working. I Have Checked The Breaker Box. What Could Be The Problem?

Electrical Outlet replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a GFI electrical outlet that went out in the back of our house. It is hooked up on the line to the outlets in our garage. I am using a Sperry Instruments three pronged electrical circuit tester to test the outlets. The GFI that I replaced is now working properly based on the...

View more questions Search