Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dan221 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Wife pregnant by another man
    My wife and are finally going through our divorce. My wife was in rehab from 4/25/07 – 7/21/07. When we filed our paper work we put in the paper work that our kids could not be around anyone she came to know from rehab. The judge asked her if she was pregnant. She answered him by saying no. We decided that day to hold off on our divorce for 10 days to make sure this is what we wanted. The next night (10/10/07) we sat down to talk. She told me that she was pregnant by a man she came to know in rehab (became pregnant in late June). This man falls under the group of people that can not be around our kids. We tried to work through some things but she is in love with him. She told me this week that she would not take me back to court. He does not understand why he can’t be around my kids. He tried to get her to lie and say they met in March but she would not do it. I don’t know if they will be together or not down the road. By August she will have joint custody of our kids (phase in, one day every 2 months). I know he is trying to talk into taking this back to court. I do not know this man other than a few phone calls. He has a very bad mouth when he gets mad at me or her. I have heard this 3 or 4 times myself on the phone. I found out today we can not get our divorce until after the baby is born in March.
    Can he take me to court? What are my odds of keeping him away? What should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dan221
    My wife and are finally going through our divorce. My wife was in rehab from 4/25/07 – 7/21/07. When we filed our paper work we put in the paper work that our kids could not be around anyone she came to know from rehab. The judge asked her if she was pregnant. She answered him by saying no. We decided that day to hold off on our divorce for 10 days to make sure this is what we wanted. The next night (10/10/07) we sat down to talk. She told me that she was pregnant by a man she came to know in rehab (became pregnant in late June). This man falls under the group of people that can not be around our kids. We tried to work through some things but she is in love with him. She told me this week that she would not take me back to court. He does not understand why he can’t be around my kids. He tried to get her to lie and say they met in March but she would not do it. I don’t know if they will be together or not down the road. By August she will have joint custody of our kids (phase in, one day every 2 months). I know he is trying to talk into taking this back to court. I do not know this man other than a few phone calls. He has a very bad mouth when he gets mad at me or her. I have heard this 3 or 4 times myself on the phone. I found out today we can not get our divorce until after the baby is born in March.
    Can he take me to court? What are my odds of keeping him away? What should I do?

I don't see any situation where HE could take you to Court; you and he have no legal relationship. Why is HE angry with you?

Quite the contrary - it would appear he is harassing you.

Did the Judge order that she not have your children around anyone she came to know in Rehab or was this just a discussion? If it's an Order, that's how it is and your wife would be in violation if the kids are around this man.

You are going to have to decide what you want to do and probably go back to Court to do it if she is in violation - or wait until March (at the time of the Divorce hearing) and discuss it with the Court then.

Dec 3, 2007, 08:33 AM
    This was put into our paper work by me and my wife. Once the judge allows the divorce it will be part of our settlement.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 09:49 AM
    This was put into our paper work by me and my wife. Once the judge allows the divorce it will be part of our settlement.

So at the moment it's an agreement between the two of you and nothing is binding -

Has the Judge ordered that someone be appointed to appear on behalf of your children?

Dec 3, 2007, 10:02 AM
    No, the judge has not ordered anyone to be appointed on behalf of our children. This is an agreement between the two of us. I am running a background check on him.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 12:23 PM
    No, the judge has not ordered anyone to be appointed on behalf of our children. This is an agreement between the two of us. I am running a background check on him.

Depending on how you are running the background check you could be considered to be harassing him - just a warning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

I think I tell my wife too much [ 6 Answers ]

I think I tell my wife too much. For example, I might say I want to start a business and then I don't do it. When it does not happen I feel she is somewhat disappointed. Or I may tell her something about a family member and then at a later time she may call me or bring up the information I shared...

Wife pregnant by another man [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I live in Alabama. We have been separated for 7 months. During the separation, my wife became pregnant by another man. We have since reconciled. What are my rights? I have heard through a family friend that, in our state, if a baby is born into a marriage the baby is treated as the...

My wife has her tubes tied can she still be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has her tubes banded, can she be pregnant?

Can my ex wife take it all [ 5 Answers ]

I need help urgent I was married for only 5 hours and she now wants a divorce as she said I was cheating on her at the wedding and I was not she also wants my home and my money what can I do .

View more questions Search