Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyr66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Wage garnishment
    How can I stop a garnishment on my wages if I have been paying the agreed amount every month and they still plan to garnish my wages
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 10:24 PM
    They need to get a judgment to garnish your wages, and if you are paying payments like you are supposed to, they would have had to lie in court to get that judgment... you sh ould see a lawyer.
    TONIENE Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 03:46 PM
    If They Got A Judgement Could They Still Charge Interest On The Amount Due?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 03:59 PM
    It depends on the details of the judgment and if the payments are made on time, I believe. Your best bet would be to get an attorney for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I work as an independent contractor. Can my wages be garnished?

Wage garnishment [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My husband (before we were married), him and his ex wife had a credit card in 1995-1996. He didn't pay, but then received a letter in 2004 and he made a payment Sept 2004 and has not paid since. Last month we received a letter from a lawer claiming that we owe, and now his going to get...

Wage garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

Will I receive a letter to go before a judge to hear my case before they approve them to start taking money out of my pay check.

Wage Garnishment [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is cottle and I just received a letter for a wag garnshment from 12 years ago. My question is can they garnish my wages for something that is 12 years old, It was for furniture that was $450 and they saying I owe them $789. Can they do that.

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what to do about a wage garnishment that I am not even sure what it is for, the law office gave me no information, please help. My e-mail is [email protected]

View more questions Search