Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saysusie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Wage garnishment
    I work as an independent contractor. Can my wages be garnished?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saysusie
    i work as an independent contractor. can my wages be garnished?

My understanding is no - if you are self employed a creditor can lien against your bank account or file a lien against your real property.

I am aware a creditor can make a motion to lien against any outstanding contracts you may have for work to be performed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My husband (before we were married), him and his ex wife had a credit card in 1995-1996. He didn't pay, but then received a letter in 2004 and he made a payment Sept 2004 and has not paid since. Last month we received a letter from a lawer claiming that we owe, and now his going to get...

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a creditor optaind a judgement against me and my husband, and now they are garnishing his wages. Should we have been notified they were going to garnish his before. Now I can't afford to pay our regular bills, normal living expences. Is there anything I can do now?:confused: :confused:

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I work in Pennsylvania and live in New Jersey, I make 150 before taxes. Can the creditor garnish my wages?

Wage garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida now and I am head of household.. ny state is garnishiring 15% of my wages... I was in an agreement with them to pay 100 dollars monthly so theyn stopped... back in October my son was a passenger in a bad car accident and was is the hospital for 3 weeks and needed some home care......

Wage Garnishment [ 11 Answers ]

I recently moved from GA to SC for a job transfer. South Carolina does not have a wage garnishment law but Georgia does. My company's headquarters is in Atlanta and they have been served with a court order to garnish my wages for an unpaid credit card debt. The garnishment order was processed well...

View more questions Search