Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barryaf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Continuation of 2 phone lines
    What if the set of wires from Phone 1 are a different color from Phone 2? Also, if I need to install a DSL filter inside the house, where would I install it?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Can you explain a little better?

Is Phone 1 and Phone 2, Line 1 and Line 2, Jack 1 and Jack 2 or really two different phones like the shoe phone and the Mickey Mouse phone. How many phone devices do you have in the house?

You can get a single DSL splitter that installs in the NID or inside or you'll have to put filters on everything but the modem. An answering machine and a telephone in the same room can count as 1 filter needed. There is a maximum limit of 5 filters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

Filters on phone lines for DSL [ 2 Answers ]

My question involves moving my DSL from one phone jack to another. When I first got DSL I received a kit with all of the filters. Problem was the filters did not work for some reason. So my phone company sent a technician to install filters directly on the line. That worked great. Now I've...

Switching from cable to DSL phone lines [ 2 Answers ]

We will be switching this week from cable to DSL... My question is this... with the phone line coming into the house from the main outside box, can I hook a connector to that line alone, and connect to computer directly from that line, or do I need to connect that line to a inside wall box, and...

Rewire phone jack for 2 lines [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how simple it was to rewire a phone jack for 2 lines. The phone co. charges $100 to do it. Can anyone help?

Continuation [ 2 Answers ]

Now would this make a difference in our situation. My girlfriend and I had broken up, that's when she conceived, but things did not work out between them. We both talk about it, and gave things another chance. He, the father, thinks this was all planned out. He thinks that she just wanted to get...

View more questions Search