Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RobinK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Disconnect Drain Pipe in Shower Basin
    I have a neo angle shower stall with a cracked basin. I have it all disassembled but the base and can't see the right way to disconnect the drain pipe before removing the basin. It is PVC pipe. I can't see how to get the basin out either without cracking it into pieces. I'm guessing I don't need to even attempt to take out the basin until the drain pipe is diconnected. Need some advice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2007, 06:24 AM
    I'm guessing I don't need to even attempt to take out the basin until the drain pipe is diconnected
    Not quite so. The PVC drain is glued to the trap raiser. Take a Saws-All and saw out the shower base leaving the drain. You may then cut the drain out.
    Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drain pipe angle [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a shower in my basement. The shower will be about 4 ft from existing drain pipe. At what angle should the pipe that connects from the shower drain to the main drain pipe be to ensure water flows to drain pipe? Thanks

Pipe added to shower drain? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. This is my preliminary question about this nightmare of a shower we live with! Any insight would be appreciated. Sympathy is nice too. We have a fiberglass shower stall on the second story of the house. The drain sits higher than the floor of the shower leaving a constant puddle, even...

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

Shower drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Guys , Need some advice. I am remodeling my bathroom, have removed the tub and walls and will install a shower only on the cement pad. The cement around the old drain pipe has never been filled in, which I guess is normal, however I need to extend the pipe to the center of my shower and...

Shower Basin Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Tom was asking for more info but I wasn't registered, took care of that. NOW question is how is the flange removed from my old shower basin. I removed all tile sheetrock and basin to replace it with a four piece fiberglass unit. I can not remove the flange. Here is what I know: The drain is a 2...

View more questions Search