Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yasasin1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2005, 12:42 PM
    blue screen of death
    got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it

ERROR 0x00000024
    NTFS.SYS

and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK...

:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 27, 2005, 12:53 PM
    OK try this
    Open 'my computer'
    RIGHT click C: drive
    Select 'properties'
    'Tools' tab
    'Error checking'
    Select EVERYTHING
    Click OK on the pop up
    REBOOT

It will now do a checkdisk on reboot, can take a while

Covered in greater detail

HERE

Nov 27, 2005, 12:55 PM
    Thanks for that I'll give it a try :)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2005, 05:52 AM
    You can do a checkdisk before getting into Windows. The easiest way to do this is to create a bootdisk (www.bootdisk.com will help) and then restart your PC with that disk in the drive. With this you can get to a DOS prompt to run the checkdisk.

Dec 3, 2005, 06:33 AM
    Couldn't get passed the bsod at all
    She took it to repair shop turns out the hd is fried
    It has since been replaced and alls well (still under warranty so not all bad )
    Thanks to all who replied
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

ATIdrab.dll 'Blue-Screen' [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time I get this 'Blue-Screen' error which points to this DLL associated with my laptop's (DELL Latitude CPx w/Pentium 3 processor and 320 MB RAM) video system. I've tried BOTH ATI's and DELL's websites, to no avail. ATI refers me to DELL and DELL insists that I find some cryptic...

Please help... Blue screen of death! [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I have had the blue screen of death for a few months now. I have tried numerous stupid things but they don't seem to work It hadn't happened for a few weeks until today, it happened again. I have the error reports for it if that helps. Is there anyting I can do?

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search