Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Pex Manifold hot/cold chambers
    I searched as many topics as I could to find the answer to my question, but couldn't find anything. I have a vangard manabloc (Pex manifold) I have two chambers, hot/cold, both with 9 hookups, the 7 on the top are for 3/8" and the two on the bottom are for 1/2". The hot side has all red tags, the cold side has all blue tags. Below the main part is what appears to be an add-on manifold, with 2 more 3/8" hookups, and 1 more 1/2" hookup per side for a total of 6. All 6 of these have blue tags, and the bottom is capped off. Water comes in to the top of the manabloc.

Is the bottom part all cold hookups? Of do the two chambers continue down to the added on part? Nothing is hooked in the bottom 6, so I can't easily test it.

Thanks!
    BMarigoni
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarigoni
    I searched as many topics as I could to find the answer to my question, but couldn't find anything. I have a vangard manabloc (Pex manifold) I have two chambers, hot/cold, both with 9 hookups, the 7 on the top are for 3/8" and the two on the bottom are for 1/2". The hot side has all red tags, the cold side has all blue tags. Below the main part is what appears to be an add-on manifold, with 2 more 3/8" hookups, and 1 more 1/2" hookup per side for a total of 6. All 6 of these have blue tags, and the bottom is capped off. Water comes in to the top of the manabloc.

Is the bottom part all cold hookups? of do the two chambers continue down to the added on part? Nothing is hooked in the bottom 6, so I can't easily test it.

Thanks!
    BMarigoni
    The entire addition is cold.

When snapped together, the plug was left in on the hot outlet and the 'top' and 'internal' plugs were removed to make the outlets on the addition all cold.
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    The entire addition is cold.

Thanks for the quick answer, one more question. If I need 1 more 1/2" hot hookup, but have more than enough cold I need with the addition, what would be the best way to do this? This is for the shower in the bathroom in the basement that was unfinished when I bought the house.

I need (3) 3/8" cold, (2) 3/8" hot, and (1) each 1/2" hot/cold. (2 sinks, 1 shower and a toilet.) I have (2) 3/8" free on each side of the top manifold, and none of the 6 on the cold addition are being used.

BMarigoni
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Sorry, but you're going to need to add a minibloc
    tacopex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 11:17 AM

I found an article on this subject youhttp://www.pexuniverse.com/content/the-right-pex-plumbing-manifold

I hope it will help!
    tacopex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 11:20 AM
    And two article for PEX Manifolds install

How to properly read a PEX plumbing manifold
    Getting the right PEX plumbing manifold for your project

To me, they helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pressure using PEX manifold [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting ready to re-plumb my entire house. I plan to switch from Copper to PEX. The reason is that I have a well and the water causes pinhole leaks in the copper. My question is: The current setup is a standard tee and branch. I have 1/2" pipe coming off of the 3/4" mains in the...

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Instant hot water with PEX system [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way for me to get instant hot water to a faucet using a PEX manifold system? Or can I run the cold through the manifold and loop the hot?

Sometimes hot sometimes cold [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace and it has started to blow cold air. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat and the warm air came back until it heated up to the set temperature then when the house cooled back down and the furnace came back on it would only blow cool air again. I changed the...

View more questions Search