Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Adobe Flash Player Problems
    Hi, I have a new Toshiba laptop with windows vista on it. I have NEVER been able to view flash movies on YouTube or any other site. When I go to download adobe flash player 9 from the website, it doesn't do anything. I then download it manually and it says it did installed, but when I go see if a movie works on YouTube, it just shows white and if I right-click on it, it says 'movie not loaded' and about adobe flash player 9. I downloaded Firefox and it did the same thing there. I have tried looking at adobe's troubleshooting site and hasn't helped. All the forums about this are confusing and don't help at all. I think it's something in my security settings, but WHAT?! Thanks for anyone's help
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 09:08 PM
    I have the same problem, but I have a mac. Does yours say you installed it then open a page that says "you dont have this plug-in?" I've been looking all over the internet for something, so if you find anything PLEASE let me know.
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 06:00 PM
    AHHH!! OK here's what it was. This stupid internet security suite-CA, which came installed with my comp, was messing with the player the whole time. I simply stopped the personal firewall and the flash player works!! I have other programs protecting me, but this one seemed to block everything. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Basically, for me at least, it was some security thing blocking me from using adobe flash, even though I had it installed.
    A Good Guesser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 10:43 PM

Should anyone ever mention that they are not receiving Adobe Flash content
    Embedded in web pages viewed with IE7 or IE8 or perhaps Firefox as well while CA Internet Security Suite is their default security app, I offer a possible solution.

1) Whether via Start > All Programs or via right mouse clicking on the CA shield icon in the System Tray you are to select and thus open the CA Personal Firewall window.

2) Click on Privacy which is associated with the gold keys.

3) In the Ad/PopUp Blocker field you will click on the Advanced button.

4) You will then click on the Ad/PopUp control tab.

5) Remove the check mark in the box adjacent to "Animated Ads"

Chances are that you might add Adobe Flash to an "exceptions" list for the
    Firewall settings and think that would suffice but you'd probably never think to venture into the Privacy settings. Adobe Flash may be in a firewall exceptions list but as long as that box adjacent to "Animated Ads" is checked off the Flash animations will be blocked. Uncheck that box and go to a web page full of Flash contnet and see if it works.
    A Good Guesser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 10:57 PM

Embedded in web pages viewed with IE7 or IE8 or perhaps Firefox as well while CA Internet Security Suite is their default security app, I offer a possible solution.

1) Whether via Start > All Programs or via right mouse clicking on the CA shield icon in the System Tray you are to select and thus open the CA Personal Firewall window.

Firewall settings and think that would suffice but you'd probably never think to venture into the Privacy settings. Adobe Flash may be in a firewall exceptions list but as long as that box adjacent to "Animated Ads" is checked off the Flash animations will be blocked. Uncheck that box and go to a web page full of Flash contnet and see if it works.
    elsol2o1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by A Good Guesser View Post
    embedded in web pages viewed with IE7 or IE8 or perhaps Firefox as well while CA Internet Security Suite is their default security app, I offer a possible solution.

firewall settings and think that would suffice but you'd probably never think to venture into the Privacy settings. Adobe Flash may be in a firewall exceptions list but as long as that box adjacent to "Animated Ads" is checked off the Flash animations will be blocked. Uncheck that box and go to a web page full of Flash contnet and see if it works.

Are you freakin' Kidding me!! This is all I had to do. I view myself as an above average PC user and I was stumped. I was on multiple calls with Time warner tech support since they support the CA suite for broadband users. I read about 100 forums and uninstall, reinstall flash about 30 times!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO Much for this answer!! I'm surprised I never tried this since I toggled every switch in the suite.

Thanks again!
    galtobellojr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Thank you also for your answer, which I wish I'd found *many* hours ago.

Be advised that the fix works even if the CA Personal Firewall shows "Not Installed" in the Security Overview window.
    artimos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 11:32 PM
    Sorry I can't find CA Personal Firewall... I had windows vista

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't download flash player [ 1 Answers ]

Any tips on how to download flash palyer?

Adobo flash player? [ 1 Answers ]

I've just set up a mysapce page and it has a caption on saying that I need to downlaod the latest flash player!. but when I click onto the link and try to download adobo flash player it isn't downloading... any help would be gratefull.. cheers.! :)

Download adobe flash [ 1 Answers ]

My computer at work doesnot download adobe flash player---all my other computers have. When I try to download the flash software at the work computer it says that it has been successfully downloaded but it has not---what to do? John

Flash player [ 1 Answers ]

I downloaded flash player and can't find it anywhere on my computer. When you download it does it show in All Programs or where else could I look for it? I have 2 operating systems on here and I have downloaded other programs and couldn't locate them either.

Flash Player 8' [ 5 Answers ]

Every time I go to my mail receiving, mail sent, etc. I get this yellow pop up bar and the noise as well as it is annoying! On this bar is-- This site may require the following Active X control: 'Flash Player8' from 'macromedia,Inc. click here to install Does anyone know how to get rid of it...

View more questions Search