Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOMWHOCARES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 04:23 AM
    Preteen Relationship/dating
    My daughter is 12. She and this little boy at school have liked each other since 3rd grade. At the end of last year, he asked her to be his "girlfriend". Now she says they hang around each other every day between classes, but barely talk to one another. I assume this is typical for this age (she is my only child), but what worries me is that she now seems like she is constantly worried about "what he thinks of her". She suddenly wants to try out for cheerleading next year (he is trying out for football) but she's terrified what he will think of her if she fails and doesn't make the squad... will he go on to be popular while she is left behind? I need help reassuring her... I'm just not sure what to say. I try to tell her if he's a true friend, it won't matter either way... but I think she sees him as more than a friend... she's 12! HELP!
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Nov 9, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOMWHOCARES
    My daughter is 12. She and this little boy at school have liked each other since 3rd grade. At the end of last year, he asked her to be his "girlfriend". Now she says they hang around each other every day between classes, but barely talk to one another. I assume this is typical for this age (she is my only child), but what worries me is that she now seems like she is constantly worried about "what he thinks of her". She suddenly wants to try out for cheerleading next year (he is trying out for football) but she's terrified what he will think of her if she fails and doesn't make the squad.....will he go on to be popular while she is left behind? I need help reassuring her...i'm just not sure what to say. I try to tell her if he's a true friend, it won't matter either way...but I think she sees him as more than a friend....she's 12! HELP!
    This is called the third level of morality and is a healthy and normal part of socialization and personal growth. The adult's role is to make available to the children two-way communications at all times. You also have the luxury of your daughter's honesty and you should protect that.

She'll be fine and best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate dating! But I want a relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot stand dating.. all of my longer lasting relationships were someone I had been friends with prior, or I met them at work. I signed up to this eharmony crap, and it gave me 4 people to choose from, and they all lived like 20 miles away. I just want to meet somebody local, but my new job...

What the rule on start dating relationship? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: OK.. l just start dating after 4 years and went out with a girl last Friday.. and here what happen. We meet at mcd's and went to a movie ( the reaping ) and at the movie l hold her hand and ended up with my arms around her.. at the end of the movie and as we got up.. she kiss me.....

I'm a preteen and the only one [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so I go to a school and I admit Im a goth/punk and that's because of the way my life goes. But no one at my school is like me or likes me as a friend. What do I do. Then my mom we don't really talk to each other. We aren't fighting and stuff we just don't mind each other. But I don't really...

View more questions Search