Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldeane80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 06:13 AM
    GFI outlet
    In my bathroom the existing gfi outlet tripped and would not reset. I figured it was gfi problem and bought new one. It is a 20 AMP outlet. I installed acccording to installation procedures and have a solid red light on GFI and button won't stay in to reset. This is a four wire setup with a load and line. Tried disconnecting different things on circuit and no joy? What is my next step? Meter?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Meter or test light will verify you have the HOT side going to Line, Indicating light will also tell you have Power. Remove Load side and try to reset, If it resets, then problem is on Load side, and GFI is OK. Unplug or disconnect anything on the load side, try again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfi outlet [ 6 Answers ]

I just moved into the house in May. I believe the gfi outlet was working when the inspector inspected our house, but it seemed soon after it stopped working. We tried to press the reset button just in case the test button was pressed and nothing happens (meaning it won't depress or anything). Just...

GFI Outlet [ 6 Answers ]

I recently did some extra wiring in my backyard. I tapped into the existing electrical outlet attached to my house. That outlet is hooked to a 120V GFI outlet located in my garage. Also on the same circuit are the electrical outlets to all my bathrooms. The power was working fine after I...

GFI Outlet has no power [ 7 Answers ]

I have no power on several room and have found out that the GFI outlet has no power, what is causing this problem? Thank you RC:confused:

GFI outlet wiring [ 1 Answers ]

The gfi outlet has a Line and Load label on the back. Would the line be the hot wire coming in and the load be the powered wires going out to other electrical outlets?

GFI Outlet [ 1 Answers ]

Will a GFI outlet provide proper protection if it is installed in an existing 2-wire, 120 VAC electrical system?

View more questions Search