Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phxbaby Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Early Pregnancy
    How soon can you have symptoms of pregnancy? Is it possible to feel anything before you miss your period?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Most pregnancy symptoms do not start until about 4 weeks... but some women can experience them sooner.

The most common symptom to experience "early" is breast tenderness.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Before I missed my period I had frequent headaches and was fatigued... that might have or might have not been from the pregnancy. Usually your hcg hasn't built up enough until right around the time you would expect your period(4 weeks).
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Yep... headaches and fatigue are runners up to breast tenderness as far as having symptoms "early" :) So I bet they were from your pregnancy rank :):)

Nov 5, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Well, we have been trying to conceive and I took an opk test and we had intercourse when we were supposed to so I was wondering. I have breast tenderness but it is a week before I should have my mc so I didn't know if it was just that and I have also had a sharp pain every now and then on my left side.
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
    The sharp pain could have been from you ovulating... if that is when you had it.

But then again, although I was about 4 weeks along when I found out, I went to the doctor complaining about side pain... and I was pregnant :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 05:00 PM
    I agree with MM here; the pain could have been from ovulation which can show up before, during, or after you actually ovulate or it might be from your uterus starting to get adjusted. Hang in there and good luck! The breast tenderness is a hopeful sign :)

Nov 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
    I get so confused with ovulation... Being that I took an opk test and it tested for LH on the 28th wouldn't ovulation have already occurred before yesterday?
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phxbaby
    I get so confused with ovulation...Being that I took an opk test and it tested for LH on the 28th wouldn't ovulation have already occurred before yesterday?
    Yes, when you get a positive ovulation test you should ovulate in the next 12-48 hours (36 on average).

You really didn't specific when you had the pain, or if you were still having it.

Side pain is generally associated with ovulation, the actual release of the egg.
    But it is also reported in pregnancy, as I stated... although I was 4 weeks pregnant (so not really "early signs", I went to the doctor complaining of vomiting and side pain. My doctor thought I could have appendicitis (since I was on birth control)... but the blood work came back and I was pregnant.

So your symptoms could be from a number of things... ovulation, PMS, or pregnancy... really it's just a waiting game... which sucks, I know.

Nov 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
    My side pain was just yesterday 11/5 so that is why I don't think it was ovulation if my opk test was 10/28.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 12:56 PM
    And you only had it yesterday?
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Nov 6, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Yes I was experiencing sharp pains before I noticed I was late on my period and change in smell and taste was also one. It is very possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the early signs of pregnancy? [ 15 Answers ]

Am I Pregnant? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay... a couple of weeks ago, I went to the doctor because I have this horrible pain in my stomach that feels like its always completely empty, he gave me a pregnancy test and it came out...

Cramping in Early Pregnancy [ 10 Answers ]

Okay so I took Clomid 50 mg days 5-9 of my period last month. I just found out Saturday that I am PREGNANT!! I am really excited, but I keep having mild cramp like pains. I know that it's not implantation cramps, because that's already happened. I have read on the internet that it's completely...

Bleeding in early pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Am about two months preganant and I have started bleeding, but it just a little, Please advice me what to do because I don't want to loose the baby.

Early pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I am in early pregnancy and bleeding and slight pain is this natural or am I having a miscarage

Early Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently found out that I am pregnant but am worried as I am supposed to be going to Florida 3 weeks. At this time I will only be around 5 weeks pregnant and I am wondering whether the flight may effect my chances of having a miscarriage? Also there are a lot of rides and water slides in...

View more questions Search