Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkantner Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Thermostat dodge intrepid
    How do I get to the thermostat on my 2002 Dodge Intrepid ES?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 04:06 PM
    The thermostat should be located under the thermostat housing. Usually it's attached with two bolts. Look for the radiator hose on top of the engine.
    henrythrower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
    First answer is usually correct; however, on this one, have a kleenex handy. Follow the lower radiator hose over the river and through the woods and you will find the thermostat safely nestled behind a wall of steel. It is behind the alternator in a near impossible space to reach unless you take out the radiator, fans and alternator and then you can reach it. The only other alternative is to lift the car, support the engine and remove the left engine mount. If you decide to find the engineer of this engine and beat the crap out of him, let me know, I'd like to come along. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change the thermostat in my 2001 dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the thermostat in my 2001 dodge 1500? I have no clue where to start.. I bought the thermostat. But I have no clue how ot change it, Please Help.. Thanks

1997 Dodge Intrepid, Truble starting/ Rough Idle also [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 dodge intrepid. When I drive at times the car would just shut off and coast. Once its stopped, it has a difficult time restarting and recently(twice) it wouldn't start at all. The lights come on inside, but nothing is turning over. I have no idea what it could be. Can something like...

Dodge Ram Thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermostat in my 2001 dodge Ram pick-up truck, 2500, V8-5.9L?

Brakes 1999 dodge intrepid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a1999 dodge intrepid my brake lights work except for the third light the brake light on the on the trunk. I have no power coming to the light bulb sockets any help would be appreciated

View more questions Search