Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cduk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Overcoming loneliness
    I've been single for a very long time and have no friends so rarely leave the house except to go to work or to go shopping.
    How can I meet people who want ot meet me back?
    Any help appreciated - I'm nearing giving up hope.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Do you live in a populated area? Are there volunteer possibilities there, such as at a hospital, nursing homes, a people shelter or animal shelter, schools, a library, even at a funeral home? The best way to meet people is to volunteer, even just a couple of hours a week. You will meet people of all ages who will be happy to get to know you as you all work together for the good of others.

For instance, I'm the volunteer coordinator at a public library. The Taiwanese volunteer teaches us a few words of Mandarin each week, the Indian volunteers bring samosas and show off their henna-ed hands and wedding photos, the volunteer who plays the acoustic guitar for fun talks with us about music, the retired volunteer brings us photos of his most recent trip (Oslo, Copenhagen, California, Greece, Canada, etc.), and in so many other ways we share stories and adventures as we work together for the good of the library.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kill loneliness? [ 5 Answers ]

Im doing my first year at university and I'm not in my country as well. At the times I feel really lonely and I don't know how to deal with it. I can be on my own, but most of the time I like to be with people and doing things together. I really want to be able to be more on my own and learn how to...

Overcoming Mother's Mental State [ 2 Answers ]

Help please, I recently wrote asking how I could get visitation with my daughter during a restraining order. I recently spoke to my lawyer about the following; My wife was sexually abused by several people between the ages of 12 and 16. She was mentally or physically abused by her step-mother...

Abolish loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

My birth day is 14 August 1971 and time is 22:15 ist.. birth place is village-koth,tehsil-dholka, dist-ahmedabad,state-gujrat,india. My life is wery lonely.is love in the air for me? Or I have to live alone?

Overcoming shyness... [ 1 Answers ]

I know this girl that I really love. She loves me back, and lately we haven't been able to see each other but it hasn't broken us up. :) The time we met though, I was a bit shy, and I didn't know what to say around her, what to ask her and stuff. Sometimes I think my shyness makes her lose...

View more questions Search