Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guitarman810 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Repalcing traction drive belt on an '03 JD GT235
    Can anyone help me with the routing on the traction drive belt on my JD GT235 riding mower. Belt broke so I never had a chance to see how it was routed.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
    The belt goes around three pulleys. 1 main engine pulley, may need to remove the belt to the deck first. To the transmission near the rear of the tractor. 3 the tensioner that engages the belts tightness when you release the clutch. Have someone push in and out on the clutch so you can see the pulleys travel. Put the belt on the side of the pulley that will cause it to get taught when the clutch is released.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

does anyone have a diagram for a drive belt on a murray mower mod no. 425007x92. This is a rider. Can't figuer this thing out. Any help would be great.

Replacing traction belt on toro 57360 with manual [ 1 Answers ]

1980 11hp 32" cut riding mower. Found a surprise when attempting to follow instructions. Removed blade clutch mount bolt and the cutter blade assembly is supposed to drop off the engine crank to enable belt removal. No! There is a thing called the Clutch actuator, which is used by the...

Drive Belt [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Craftsman riding lawnmower and I just replaced the drive belt. When I went to go mow and step in on the clutch/brake the mower continues to move. I can not shift through the gears like this either. Is there an adjustment somewhere that will stop this?

Drive belt drive diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram of the belt drive for mtd 18hp. 42" riding mower for free.

Drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

I have a huskee supreme pedal drive graden tractor modal series 808k and the drive belt broke.it looks like its going to be a hard job to put another one on,can you give me any tips on how to do it? Sam

View more questions Search