Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarapaige Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
    HPV and Abnormal Paps
    I was diagnosed with HPV a couple of years ago and at that time had a colposcopy done because of abnormal papsmears due to the HPV. For the two years since then I have had papsmears every 6 months and all are coming back abnormal, but they are improving in the abnormality. What I'm concerned with is when does the cycle end? Abnormal papsmear after abnormal papsmear, then another colposcopy. I know my body can heal it on its own but it doesn't seem like it's going to and it sure hasn't in two years. I tried to just get the abnormal cells removed from my cervix but that isn't recommended unless it's absolutely necessary because it can cause complications in the future when I try to carry a child. Can someone please let me know what to do and how this cycle will ever end? Thanks so much.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
    These are natural things that may eliminate the problem.

Echinacea, goldenseal and vitamin C: known for its ability to boost the immune system, is important in the treatment of genital warts.
    (caution echinacea and goldenseal should not be taken more than two weeks at a time)

Astragalus: used in Chinese herbal medicine for over 2000 years, Astragalus is known to improve the bodys ability to fight off viral and bacterial infections, such as the Human Papilloma Virus, by boosting the bodys immune system. Astragalus has been taken as a supplement by people undergoing chemotherapy to help restore their tired immune systems.

Garlic powder tablets: Once used in 1550 BC by Egyptians as an external treatment for tumors, garlic has long since been recognized for its medicinal values. Of the many benefits garlic has on the human body, it promotes the ability of white blood cells to fight infection. A natural antibiotic, garlic is effective in countering bacteria, fungus and viral conditions.

Vitamins: Supplementation with high doses of vitamin A, B complex, vitamin E, zinc, lactobacillus acidophilus and the amino acid L-cysteine have shown to have immune boosting benefits.

Pau d'Arco tea for the treatment of many diseases including diseases of viral nature like HPV

Reduce sugars and refined foods, bleached flour, reducing red meat, increasing vegetables and fruit, taking the necessary vitamins and minerals, drinking plenty of water, regular exercise and getting proper rest, you will boost your immune system which will help in fighting off the virus.

Victory over HPV Virus
    PoliticallyCorrect Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tarapaige
    I was diagnosed with HPV a couple of years ago and at that time had a colposcopy done because of abnormal papsmears due to the HPV. For the two years since then I have had papsmears every 6 months and all are coming back abnormal, but they are improving in the abnormality. What I'm concerned with is when does the cycle end? Abnormal papsmear after abnormal papsmear, then another colposcopy. I know my body can heal it on its own but it doesn't seem like it's going to and it sure hasn't in two years. I tried to go ahead and just get the abnormal cells removed from my cervix but that isn't recommended unless it's absolutely necessary because it can cause complications in the future when I try to carry a child. Can someone please let me know what to do and how this cycle will ever end? Thanks so much.
    I'm in the same position, really annoying isn't it?

Unfortunately, not only do we have to keep going back for checkups but apparently our lifetime risk is higher too even 20 years after getting the all clear according to a recent research report.

The vaccine is too late for us but I am making sure my daughters get it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HPV, how the heck? [ 9 Answers ]

HI, My doctor has diagonsed me with HPV. I am very confused about this. My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and have had no sexual contact with anyone else. How then did I get it, if it is only spread through sexual cotnact? My doctor upset me by suggesting that my husband may...

Can't get over the thought of me having HPV [ 4 Answers ]

I was told 3 yrs ago that I had hpv. I had only have had one partner and he is now my husband, I have been unable to get in the mood to have sex. I know it is wearing on him. I just don't know how to get over and move on with out blaming him. I know that he did not know he had this virus and if...

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

HPV and epididymitis [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello~ Does anyone know if HPV causes epididymitis? My brother had a g/f for a long time and they recently broke up and now he cannot get rid of epididymitis. Just wondering if the two are related at all. Please help!

View more questions Search