Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davum16 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 02:02 PM
    What is a summer switch?
    My (rather old) Day&Night Gas heater has a summer switch. I've never seen one of these before, and I don't have the owner's manual as I just bought the house and that seems to be the one manual the previous owner didn't leave behind. I don't want to mess with it as the system seems to be working fine, but I'm curious what it does. Thanks.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 02:24 PM
    The summer switch just moves air for comfort

Hope this answers your question

If this helps -- please rate my answer
    davum16 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    The summer switch just moves air for comfort

Hope this answers your question

If this helps -- please rate my answer
    Thanks biggsie! So, it basically turns the fan on. I can do that at the thermostat as well, but I guess this gives me another option. I appreciate the response!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Books for the summer [ 19 Answers ]

Ok. Im done all my summer reading. I already read ALL the David Sedaris books, the Devil Wears Prada and Girl Overboard(Aimee Ferris) Can I get suggestions?

Summer love [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... a friend of mine posted smt last night and I found your answers very helpful soooo I decided to give it a go as well and maybe get some answers to my situation. In the summer I finally started relationship with a guy who approached me during the xmas holidays but I did not show any...

Summer vacation, what did you all do? [ 16 Answers ]

Remember back in elementary school, the first week we had to write a report on what we did on summer vacation? Well, the family and I didn’t go any where exiting this year. Just went on some weekend get-a-ways. This one in particular is something that I will always remember. My wife and I...

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

Work over the summer [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a job over the summer. I am not an upper classman and I was wondering if anyone knew any good places for someone who is under 18 to work. And please, try to avoid Mc Donalds and Burger King.

View more questions Search