Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Escrow waive
    Escrow waiver is not exactly free. The mortgage companies want to charge a fee.
    An example is .25% of a point. I'm waiting to find out what homecoming mortgage
    Charges on my $49,200 mortgage.

How do you figure .25% of a point. On my mortgage of $49,000

Your suggstions
    jessa1200 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 10:08 PM
    It really depends on what you are doing, refinancing or pruchasing and depending on the LTV (loan to value) some lenders will waive the fee completely with a low LTV usually under 60% some 65%. Also, if you have discussed with homecoming mortgage and decided you would pay 1% for a certain rate you might be able to negotiate with them and have them pay for the escrow waiver and raise your rate and .125 or sometimes not at all. If they are charging you a rate with no required percentage from you then you need to argue that they pay for the escrow waiver .25. If it comes off your lenders it is figured at 122.50 which is 49000 X .0025 = 122.50.
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 05:17 AM
    [QUOTE=Oneill474]escrow waiver is not exactly free. The mortgage companies want to charge a fee.
    An example is .25% of a point. I'm waiting to find out what homecoming mortgage
    Charges on my $49,200 mortgage.

How do you figure .25% of a point. On my mortgage of $49,000

Update:

Never mind the mortgage company informed me. There is no charge. So I'm managing my escrow account now. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does my husband waive his rights to a child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband found out he had this daughter only 2yrs ago and he is now 8. how does he waive his rights to this little girl that has a family of her own

Escrow Account [ 1 Answers ]

I like to know if I'm full protected by the state of Florida if I use a Escrow account to guarantee that a Letter of Intentions will be fulfilled by the contractor and my Money deposit will be fast returned if a default in the LOI show up by the contractor.

Escrow interest va [ 11 Answers ]

What is the formula for escrow interest in VA

How soon can you refinance after escrow? [ 5 Answers ]

To get a lower interest rate do you have to wait a certain period to refinance a home after escrow close? Or can you refinance right away? I live in California. Thanks

View more questions Search